cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balanced scorecard: Scorecard(yellow status) in BI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I'm creating Balanced scorecard in BI7.0 under one user id: user1 and put owner as user id: user2. In design mode(user1), Scorecard is in yellow status, strategy,perspectives, objectives and measures are in green status. How to turn yellow to green status?

Appreciate ur help with points

thanks,

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For scorecard status determination used follwing condition:

system generated, with maually overwritten option,

status calculation: average perspectives.

regards,

RP

pravin_datar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

If you have are seeing that the status of all perspectives is green and if you have set up the status of the scorecard to be the avergage of all perspectives, then it should also be green. If you are not sure, then you can change the status of the scorecard to be 'worst case perspectives' or 'best case perspectives' and see what statuses it assumes. Check the effectivity dates of all settings. If there is no change in the scorecard status regardless of change in any of the settings, you may have to report to SAP support. Also if you have set it to 'set manually' and still if you can't change the status manually in the presentation mode, you may have to report that too to SAP Support.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I tried with diffrent combinations(in scorecard design), still scorecard description(both left status symbol & right basic settings status symbol are in yellow only). Here we can see different scorecard statuses colors for baic settings, owner,status,reports & links, documents, planning..etc in first line). But i'm able change scorecard status manullly in presentation mode as i used system generated, can be overwritten manually & status calculation: average of perspectives. My question is whatever settings we may use, Is left side status of scorecard is yellow(in scorecard design mode)?

What about right basic settings status symbol?

thanks,

RP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adjusted settings.

chris_clay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

As a side note, if you are building balanced scorecards for your organization I strongly suggest that you evaluate the SAP Strategy Management solution, introduced in Q2 of 2007. It is a business user friendly, comprehensive solution for managing scorecards, initiatives and strategic objectives. It is the successor to the SEM Balanced Scorecard solution.

Best Regards,

Chris Clay

Enterprise Performance Management

Solution Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Our system configuration is BI7.0 with

SEM-BW release 6.0(SEM-BW 600 : Add-On Installation).

Yes i heard SSM solution is successor of SEM balanced scorecard. For SSM, i think we need to install whole package EPM(SSMBPCBPM) as I don't have idea on this new solution.

Could you provide any guidelines/information on these.

thanks,

RP

chris_clay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

That's a good, and frequently asked, question. You can deploy SSM as part of the EPM suite or you can deploy SSM completely stand alone. Other than the lightweight NW CE Application Server, SSM requires no additional components. As well, we've developed a set of migration tools that simplify the process of migrating from SEM to SSM.

You can learn more about SSM here:

http://www.businessobjects.com/product/catalog/strategy_management/

Hope this helps.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still i have to get few answers for that question.

for thread maintenance purpose i wrote above line.

Edited by: Kumar RP on Jul 8, 2008 3:46 PM

pravin_datar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

I think you are trying to see the status from a wrong location. If you are in UMB_CUST and if you are referring to the basic settings, owner, status etc for all socrecards, that is not the place to evaluate whether your scorecard is showing the right status based on the underlying data. The yellow, green icons there just show you the status if the configuration of those objects and not the status based upon the underlying data. The yellow icon over there means that you have not yet configured the scorecard or that component completely. When you configure all the settings, it will turn green. To check the status of the scorecard you can execute the scorecard and see the status only there.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I knew that UMB_CUST(scorecard design), is the place where symbol colors(red,yellow & green), indicates configuration of various scrorecard components. Many times tried with different combinations in scorecard level(basic settings,staus,owner tabs etc), but left side symbol of scorecard level still shows yellow color in UMC_CUST, ie. configuration is not yet completed. I checked scorecard in presentation mode it is giving correct results. Still i'm working on few other features.

regards,

RP