cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AfterRange problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm curently running BPC 7.5 NW up to date with SP (SP6) and I have noticed a problem when using the EVDRE AfterRange. I have a report with two Column (Category and Period) and one row (Product) expansions. I have a formula in the AfterRange of the 2nd expansion and noticed that when the report expands, the formula for the last member is not referenced correctly, it is off by two column...

I saw other question just like this, and they solved it updating the SP, but here is SP6 and I still get this problem.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Isaura Rocha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There must be some confusion, as I don't think BPC NW 7.5 SP06 is available. The most recent SP I can see is SP05. Are you on BPC NW 7.0? In this case, you could upgrade to, I believe, SP09 and see if it solves your problem.

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for your answer.

The confusion is in the SP level. I'm on BPC NW 7.5 SP05.

Any other idea?

Thanks again

Isaura Rocha

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Too bad, I was hoping that was the issue. Can you provide an example of the formulas you are using and your basic EVDRE layout, explaining what you expect and what you are actually getting? It's not clear to me from your question if this is the expected behavior you are seeing and you just need to change your approach or if there is something wrong with BPC.

Thanks,

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a column expansion Period that shows all months of the year, another column expansion Category that shows Actual and Budget categories for each month. The row expansion brings the Products. Then the afterrange calculates the deviation between Actual and Budget:

M55 N55 O55 ... AS55 AT55 AU55 AV55

jan.2010 jan.2010 EV_AFTER ... EV_AFTER dec.2010 dec.2010 EV_AFTER

ACTUAL BUDGET DEVIATION ... DEVIATION ACTUAL BUDGET DEVIATION

PRODUCT1 1400 1500 -7% ...

PRODUCT2 1220 1200 2% ...

The calculation of afterrange is IF(M55=0;0;1-(N55/M55)) and for all months it takes the right cells, but for december it takes the cells AS55 and AT55 instead of AT55 and AU55.

Hope to be clear.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The afterrange menthioned is in the expansion of Category. I had another afterrange in the expansion Period. I took the second afterrange off and now the first one is working properly. Does anyone know if I can have two afterranges in two different expansions, both by column? It seems to be the problem.

Thanks for your attention.

Isaura Rocha

Edited by: isaurarocha on Dec 22, 2010 9:13 AM