Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML CGI Payment File IBAN and BBAN

former_member293658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FI Experts,

We are creating XML payment file in CGI format. For payments in UK, the BBAN should get transferred instead of the IBAN to the XML payment file. We have the IBAN populated on the vednor master because some payments can be Wire which require IBAN and other can be local which require BBAN. The system will always transfer the IBAN if it is populated, even for local payments where the BBAN should instead be transferred.

Is there any setting whereby we can get the system to transfer the BBAN for the local payment method rather than the IBAN?

Or how can we achieve that the system sends the IBAN for the non-domestci/wire payments but sends the BBAN for local domestic payments?

Thanks and regards

Michael

View Entire Topic
AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The requirement is highly questionable. I have recent experience with CGI_XML_CT in UK among other countries. For  intra-UK payments only IBAN is provided and bank is fine with that. No repairs or additional fees as far as I know.

In native CGI_XML_CT there is no such tag as BBAN. May be you can tweak FPAYHX-UBKNT to get it populated with BBAN . This field is source for tag <DbtrAcct><Id><Othr><Cd> . This tag could contain BBAN as per ISO 20022 External Code List - 3 codes: BBAN, CUID, UPIC.

But first I would ask your bank in which tag they expect BBAN and why simply IBAN is not sufficient for BACS (in CGI terms - NORM-NURG) payment in UK.

Best regards,

Anton

former_member293658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Thanks for the reply!

We did test this with our bank and they definitively rejected the IBAN for any BACS payment. They stated only BBAN is acceptable. We can ask again but I don't think they will change on this.

With regards to the population on the file, yes I know BBAN does populate tag <DbtrAcct><Id><Othr><Cd> and IBAN populates  tag <DbtrAcct><Id><IBAN>.

I am thinking to put a condition on the tag <DbtrAcct><Id><IBAN> so that if the payment method is the wire/cross-border that is selected then fill the IBAN tag else leave it blank. And simarly a condition on tag <DbtrAcct><Id><Othr><Cd> with the condition being that if local/domestic payment method is selected then fill the BBAN.

I don't know if this is possible though because the system itself will have filled IBAN and BBAN will not be filled, so the conditions may not have any effect in any case.

If you, or anyone else, has any suggestions, very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Michael

AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You are on a good path. Condition(s) in tag is exactly what you need if bank rejects IBAN for BACS. System fills communication structures such as FPAYH, FPAYHX and condition on tags as you described will trigger emptying IBAN. Just be careful defining them and not to disturb cross-border payments where IBAN is a must.

Regards,

Anton

former_member293658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton

I tried the conditions on the DMEE tree nodes. On the node/tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><IBAN> I  put a condition that FPAYH-RZAWE should be = 'W'. And on the tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><Otr><Id> I put the condition that FPAYH-RZAWE should be = 'T' or 'Z'.

The F110 selects the payment methods Z and T for the payments. T selects bank1 on the vendor master and Z selects bank 2 on the vendor master. Bank1 has an IBAN specified whereas Bank2 does not.

The XML file shows the BBAN being output in tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> for payment method Z.

However, for payment method T neither the tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><IBAN> or <CdtrtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> is filled/supplied. We need the BBAN to show in tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> for the Z payment.

Can you advise how we might achieve that using conditions?

We don't want to have to remove the IBAN from the master data because (1) it would be a huge cleanup and (2) there might be cases where it would use payment method W Wire and we would need IBAN to go out in those cases.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Michael

AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

This is not a question which could be answered blindly without looking into actual xml file, into conditions in DMEE, into config of both methods in FBZP, into OBPM* etc etc

Looks like something either in condition or in payment method T config but impossible to tell without looking.

To find out what exactly I’d debug in RFFOAVIS_FPAYM a payment with T and watch communication structures used in your payment format.

Although in my very first answer I’ve already mention that BBAN would not just come by himself, you need to bring it when using CGI_XML_CT.

former_member293658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

The BBAN fills tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> in the standard CGI_XML_CT.

The problem is that if an IBAN is maintained along with the bank account number, then it fills tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><IBAN> with the IBAN number and drops the tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> altogether.

As mentioned we tried the conditions on the tree node, but that just resulted in tag <CdtrAcct><Id><IBAN> being dropped/removed from the file but tag <CdtrtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> is also not filled/supplied in that case.

We then tried an option in Event 05 to fill a reference field FPAYHX-REF01 with the basic bank account number, and put blank to FPAYHX-REF02, and in the DMEE tree mapped the <CdtrAcct><Id><IBAN> tag to FPAYHX-REF02 and the tag <CdtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> to FPAYHX-REF01.

But the result was the same - tag <CdtrAcct><Id><IBAN> is not filled/supplied and neither is tag <CdtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id>.

So it seems the system will automatically remove tag <CdtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> earlier whenever it detects an IBAN is maintained, and even if IBAN is blanked out it will just remove the tag <CdtrAcct><Id><IBAN> but will not supply/fill tag <CdtrAcct><Id><Othr><Id> even if the basic bank account number is passed explicitly to that tag (using the FPAYHX-REF01 field as above).

Can you or anyone else advise how the system handles such a scenario, where IBAN is maintained in the master record but only the BBAN should be passed in the CGI xml file?

Regards

Michael