cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL Reporter = Error! Unable to get document! Type: 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a message error from XL Reporter. After upgrade B1 2004.A from PL9 to PL24 and then PL31 each time that I start add-on I see this error message:

http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/5664/one6se.jpg

Anyone can help me ?

Thank you for attention.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- SB1 is 2004.A (6.70.190) SP: 00 PL 31

- API is 6.70.190 (on server and client)

- DTW is 2004.1.7

- No SDK

Thank you for attention.

Regards.

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Have you installed the .NET framework 2.0 recently? I've heard that this causes an issue with XL Reporter. The remedy is to uninstall the framework and XL Reporter should work correctly again.

Hope this helps,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Owen is right.

Uninstalling .NET framework 2.0 should solve the problem.

Greetz,

Martijn

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same problem as you. So I tried to uninstall freamwork .NET 2.0.

Now, I can run XL Reportor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if you all got this fixed or not, but I did just get an actual solution from my SAP Support folks here in Ireland.

Create a file on the XL Reporter Executable folder (e.g "C:\Program Files\SAP Manage\SAP Business One\AddOns\XLR\XLReporter\Client\"

called "SBOXLReporter.exe.config" (very important that the typei is .config, not .txt, etc, make sure Folder View is set correctly)

Edit it and put this in:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

<startup>

<supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/>

<supportedRuntime version="v1.0.3705"/>

<requiredRuntime version="v1.0.3705"/>

</startup>

</configuration>

then save it.

Then load up SAP and XL Reporter works - with .NET 2.0 Apparently, XL Reporter is not even a .NET app - but it somehow relies on the .NET FW 1.1, the config file forces it to use the 1.1 interfaces instead of 2.0

Have a good weekend all.

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I can confirm Stephen's previous post. For those of you with SAP Marketplace access, please see SAP note 898635, which has the replacement config file attached to it.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to fix this problem eventually by enabling DCOM on the local machine and also giving permissions for Remote Activation to "Everyone" via the Component Services in Control Panel-Admin Tools.

However I had in fairness also upgraded to PL34 and installed the latest DIAPI the night before so it could have been that too...but as its now working I am not willing to undo the DCOM configuration just in case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm getting exactly the same error but in my case it's because of the framework .net 2.0. once I unistall it it works fine. I'm wondering how to resolve the problem too.

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sofiane,

I've raised the issue with SAP but haven't heard back from them as yet. I'm assuming that the issue will need to be fixed by a patch to XL Reporter and, until then, we should not install .NET 2.0 on any machines that are running XL Reporter.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error; and I have not installed .NET Framework 2.0 (only the required 1.1 to install XL Reporter)

Any ideas as to the base cause of this problem?

thanks