cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI PCK for Business One Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can I use the XI Partner Connectivity Kit (PCK) for SAP Business One to integrate B1 with ERP via SAP XI? What is DI API exactly?

I don't see the point implementing another middleware like B1i when I use SAP XI for integration with mySAP applications.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Alexander,

You can use XI as a connector instead of ALE to connect mySAP ERP to B1i. The DI API is the connector for SAP Business One. The DI API or Data Interface API is part of Business One and the Business One SDK. B1i exists to easily connect mySAP and SAP Business One without typical coding that would be required simply by using XI to connect with SAP Business One and mySAP. B1i contains all of the connections, pre-defined content, message handling and error correction for common business scenarios to connect these to systems. Without B1i, you have to hand code everything. If you are not connecting with SAP Business One, then you may not have a need or requirement to use B1i. There are more detailed whitepapers here from the SAP Business One main page on SDN. You should have a look at those.

Eddy