cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong updating of amount in BSIK Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I posted one FB60 vendor invoice of 150$. Document was saved and number 100000998 was generated.

When i saw the 'amount in document currency' field (BSIK - WRBTR) in BSIK table, i saw that 15000$ was populated there. I saw multiple documents. But wrong amount is getting populated there. Every amount (in document currency) is multiplied by 100 and then getting populated in the above field.

The above problem is coming only if i post document in foreign currency.

Please help and let me know how to solve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should do all computations with the amounts as they are in the tables (divided by 100 for currencies without decimals), and use the option CURRENCY of the WRITE statement.

example:

WRITE: / BSIK-WRBTR CURRENCY BSIK-WAERS, BSIK-WAERS.

All the WRITE statements for currency amounts should have the CURRENCY option.

See also function modules CURRENCY_AMOUNT_SAP_TO_BAPI and CURRENCY_AMOUNT_SAP_TO_IDOC.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check OBBS transaction for this.

Ratio should be 1:1

Rgds

Murali. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked OBBS. Ratio is 1:1 in 'M' exchange rate type for both USD to INR and for INR to USD.

In my case, document is posted properly wilth correct amount. I can see proper amount in FBL1N and FB03. Wrong amount is coming only in tables like BSIK table / BSEG table.

Please help. How to correct table entries.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check SAP Note : 126857

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the note. But i am not getting the solution. I am not getting how to update that field with correct amount?

Actually for some ABAP development report, i am taking that field. Since the wrong amount is getting populated, my report is showing wrong figure for foreign currency amounts.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help

Edited by: Meenu_ND on Aug 30, 2011 4:53 PM

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you are dealing with a currency that has been configured with 4 decimal places (see config table TCURX - only currencies with decimal places not equal to 2 are maintained here).

The amount fields in the SAP tables (BSEG and any of the index tables: BSIK, BSAK, etc.) only store 2 decimal places. The amounts for a currency with decimal places other than 2 are converted and stored with 2 decimal places. For example, amounts for a currency with 4 decimal places are multiplied by 100 for storing in the database. When displaying the amounts in FBL3N, FB03, etc., SAP takes the configuration of the currency into account and displays the correct number of decimal places.

Your ABAP report will need to check the config table and also adjust the amounts accordingly.

Regards,

Shannon

Edited by: Shannon Moberg on Aug 30, 2011 2:50 PM

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check OY04, if the currency is maintained here, as told by shanon you have to divide the transaction with 100 for that currency.

Rgds

Murali. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked OY04 (i.e. Table TCURX). But INR is not maintained there. I tried to create new entries for INR with 2 decimals. It told, enter other value. It accepted '4'

Please let me know how to tackle this?

Edited by: Meenu_ND on Sep 5, 2011 1:02 PM