Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong release strategy triggered in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Here is the problem:

we have found an old PO where the total value is 102,000 KES but the strategy triggred is <80,000 KES.

Things which we have found out on analysis was:

1) Customer has made PO first , then did GR and then gone back to PO and change the price. Then the Invoice was done.

2) Versions tab in the header data shows the value change.

3) Output of the PO had already been taken before the change of value in PO.

The thing which I can't understand is why was the next release strategy not triggered when the user saved the PO after changing the value.

Kindly help me with this,

Many thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check Release indicator in Release strategy if changability indicator has maintained 6 then chek % value of change.

It means that within one Strategy in case of change in Value from up to 10% , no new Strategy is defined.

if PO value get change more than 10% then only new release strategy will get triggered.

Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ajit,

The version completed indicator has been checked.

Dear Jyoti,

The value change is set as 0%.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello rahul,

check whether the PO has been printed using ME9F function, if not just make the print out of the PO and change the PO.

During the change itself you will get a message that release will be reset.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear velu,

Yes when I am making a PO in the quality server yes it gives me a warning message everytime when I change the value in PO that the release matrix will change and it does change.

But this problem is in client's side server there i cannot make a PO, it has been found in audit correct release strategy was not trigerred. I have tried everything from my side to find out he problem dnt knw what is this.

Hi tej,

The strategy must change even if i change 0.1 in PO thats the whole point of configuring the PO for release strategy it should not matter if it has been released, it should go to release again. Otherwise many things can happen once approvals has been made

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Kindly check the value in the field EKKO-RLWRT field.

It can happen that this value is different from what you are actually thinking....This may be due to the changes in the values

at line item level.

Eg:-

Intial Creation

line item 1 7333500

line item 2 7333500

line item 3 7333500

line item 4 7333500

29334000 <<<<<<<,this got updated in EKKO-RLWRT

=======

After that changed the items as below.

22590000 This value now doesnot reflect in EKKO-RLWRT as perstandard

EKKO-RLWRT is not chaned in this case

Now when I try to change the values you expect release stratgey to reset

Situation at this point of time.

29334000 This value come to be same as EKKO-RLWRT or less........

Check this part in the PO.

regards,

Lalita

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The strategy must change even if i change 0.1 in PO thats the whole point of configuring the PO for release strategy it should not matter if it has been released, it should go to release again. Otherwise many things can happen once approvals has been made

There is some rules defined & some disciplines need to be followed when working on the Live system, Though many times many things always happen but SAP can identify who made the nuisance in the system, The process mentioned above is the standard behavior of SAP, I think you should do a test scenario with all the possibilities to come on the conclusion about Release Procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear lalita,

Thanks for your inputs i checked in the table for the particular PO and I found that the last updated value to be 51,000 and not 102,000 maybe that is why the release strategy ws not triggered but how is that possible that table was not updated but the version in the PO got updated ??

Is there any customization or configuration of versions tab??

Dear tej,

Did a lot of test cases but in my server it was working fine.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check for the release indicator that has been defined for the release strategy.

I think you have release indictor as 2 for your strategy. if you have the release indicator as 4 or 6 , there will be a new strategy for the changes done .

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The value of the PO has been increased from 51,000 to 102,000 that is why is should have triggered the release strategy for >80,000 .

Also the release indicator is set as 6

Please advice

Edited by: Rahulbhardwaj.87 on Feb 10, 2012 1:19 PM

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pl check version completed check mark for the latest version it may not if the version is not completed

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Customer has made PO first , then did GR and then gone back to PO and change the price. Then the Invoice was done.

The value of the PO has been increased from 51,000 to 102,000

Since customer has released the PO at 51000 value & saved, this is why it has triggered the release strategy for 80,000, once released if you again increase the value to whatever range it will not pick any new release strategy of higher values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if the price was reduced then it will not trigger the release strategy. please check your settings how you configured

for al the events like price high or reduce.