I need your opinion / guidance on Work Permit Management implementation in SAP. I have gone through the Work Clearance Management (WCM) but found that it covers very complected business scenario with a very serious limitation when compared to business scenario in my client's organization. I'll explain this in brief.
1. In my client's business scenario for a job which takes 5 days to complete only one order is to be created, however multiple permits are to be created each day/each shift. Each permits has very limited validity (generally 8 hours), and extendable to another 8 hour max. To capture this scenario we need to assign multiple permits against same order on each day.
2. Each permit shall have details of work, duration, field checks required etc information. which are updated before release and final print out of the permit.
3. Once job is completed permits are returned to operations people by maintenance person. Then it is closed in the system.
To complete all such process I found WCM has limitation and this process is better catered by Work Permit Management. A brief process is given in saphelp. link: [http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/de/0b33d5e985426d9706c0b8c5fa6d94/content.htm]
All I need are these -
- some guidance in how to proceed with configuration keeping in view aforesaid scenario.
- T code to list orders with permits. I have seen some screen shot of this but couldn't find what was the T - Code. Also don't know this was done by Z t-code.
Your help will be appreciated and honoured.
Please be advised that you won't be able to release your PM Order until all the Permits assigned are granted; You could keep assigning those permits "as you go" on the work order, but you won't have a true control in the system then, this will just serve to give you the required information.
Perhaps you could rather look into status management or WCM on Operation level (with an Operation for each day of work)? This might also give you benefits when scheduling)
To help you with your query, I'd expect you'd have to look at the WCM profile, or for the Permit scenario, create at least one Permit for each day's work under SPRO > PM > Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service > Basic > Permits
The t-codes you're looking for is IPM2, IPM3 and IW38 / IW39 (use the Permit field towards the bottom of the screen area to select Permit-relevant Orders)