cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Centre within BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working in a manufacturing company, and the company is considering to use SAP B1 to replace the current system. However, we are not fully confident on how SAP B1 handles work centre within BOM.

The current system:

We have 10-12 work centre that works as a cost centre and it is associated with the machineries we have. In that work centre setting, we set labour cost, production speed, number of production in an hour etc, the purpose is to enable calculating the production cost per item and for other purposes as well.

We also have work sequences, that will pretty much handle the sequences in producing items. The relationship between work centre and work sequence is one to many or one to one.

Does SAP B1 have this capability?

Another question will be in regard to barcoding. I understand that there is add-on to handle barcoding and RFID. My question is whether the SAP B1 add-on can handle the automatic process of updating the system when the barcode scanner is used, or do we have to update the system manually?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards

Ferdinand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please close your question by marking helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome you post on the forum.

As the other experts point out, this is not supported without add-on. SDK could be used but taking too long to achieve your go. Shop an existing add-on would be the way to go.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone.

We are now considering between SAP AIO and SAP B1. It seems, there will be quite a lot of add-ons needed to complement Standard SAP B1. Woud anyone here recommend SAP B1 for manufacturing? I would say the manufacturing process in my company is rather robust and the most important part of solution we are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is no problem for manufacturing company to use B1. There are quite a few current B1 customers are manufacturing companies. However, in your case, if you need so many work centers and routes, AIO would be a better choice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferdinand,

I think it is quite obvious, if you have budget to implement all-in-one, go for all-in-one. What type is your industry, discrete or process manufacturing? For discrete, B1 could help you, for process industry, all-in-one should be fitter to your requirement.

Keep in mind that it is much better to look for generic and standard solution rather than solution using add-on. Unless you don't have the budget to implement all-in-one.

Best Regards,

Hendry Wijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hendry,

Many thanks for your suggestion. My company's objective is replicating the the current DBA Manufacturing system, that means saving monies whenever possible to do so. The primary option is AIO, however the Board asked project members to explore the possibilities to implement B1.

I will conclude now that B1 is be good enough to fully replicate DBA Manufacturing without hassles of implementing heaps of add-ons.

Thanks everyone.

I'd like to keep the thread on, in case if I have further questions.

Regards

Ferdinand

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not possible in standard system.You can do it through SDK or search Addon for this...

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ferdinand,

See if you looking same fuctinality in standerd SAP B1 si its is not possible.

WIth the Help of Add-on you can map your requirment easily.

if you dont want to developed so in market there there area several add-on available for production.

With the help of Add on you can MAP your requirment.

Regards

MANGESH PAGDHARE.