cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Center Capacity Horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fellow PP'ers

I'm struggling to figure out why our capacity load doesn't show any planned order entries past 12 weeks out. If I run CM01 for a plant and also use option profile SAPB023 (Weeks 78) which shows 27 weeks via the variable overview option we only see 12 weeks when planned orders stretch out way into the future. Have you any clues as to what may be going on?

If I run CM50 with time profile SAP___Z003 (12 months) for the same work center, it too does not show the futuire capacity requirements even though there are many planned orders.

Any help will be greaty appreciated - this is a real stumper for me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked how far into the future your factory calendars go? Check Calendars for plants and for work centers.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BD,

Thanks for the tip. I checked our calendars and they go out to 2015, so this appears to be okay.

Any other suggestions? really stumped on this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Validate whether your planned orders are detailed scheduled outside your 12 week window. MD13, select some of the orders that are NOT showing in your cap load. Look for the Detailed Scheduling tab.

If the tab does not exist, check your scheduling horizon. OPU5, Detailed scheduling box. Ensure that "Scheduling" box is ticked, ensure that "Generate Cap reqs" box is ticked. Ensure that your "Sched hor det" value is large enough to accommodate the period you want to cap plan. Sounds like yours may be set for 12 weeks. I usually set mine for a year, but SAP warns that this places a big load on the system when Cap planning is done this far into the future. As long as you have horsepower enough to run it, the bigger the value here will give you more cap visibility.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey DB49,

Eureka!!!!

You nailed it. I changed the setting on the "Sched hor det" value and CM01 now reprots to the end of our planned orders, which is Oct of 2011.

Apologies - I wish I could give you 1,000,000 points, but can't.

I really appreciate your help, time and sharing your extensive knowledge.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

My hapless New England Patriots need them a lot more than me.

Your success is enough for me.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

Yea, that last one really hurt... ahead the entire game - until, disaster struck.

Oh well, Mr. B is "usually" right. Gotta question his last call though.

We can't give up on them - yet!

Thanks again for your help. Did not realize you were local. Go Pats!

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first thing to check in this case is whether you run MRP with "Lead Time Scheduling" option, not the default "Basic Dates".

If you run with "Basic Dates" option, the system is not scheduling the planned orders according to the routing, thus is not creating capacity load on the work centers.

Regards,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thank you for the suggestion.

We do have the scheduling option (#2) selected on all MRP and MPS jobs.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards,

Paul