cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM- Go live.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing warehouse management in our company. We have been using inventory management till now. I will extend all the materials into the warehouse soon. So, how can I transfer existing stock from IM to WM? What movement type can I use? Will using 561 create any accounting problem? Stock has been valuated in IM, so I do not want to have double valuation when I move the stock from IM to WM.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srao,

I completed one project in December for switching from IM to WM. Using 561/562/201 all will impact finance so try to avoid that instead you can use 311 mvt type which has no financial impact.

I suggest you process in the following way.

1. Create dummy storage location (alternatively you can use the existing one with no stock)

2. Move all the material from existing storage location to dummy storage location using 311 mvt type. You can use standard LSMW object for this material mvt

3. Activate WM for current storage location,Deactivate TR creation for 311 mvt type in WM, uncheck negative stock for intrem storage type (I think 921 storage type)

4. Move material back to Current storage location with 311 mvt type

5. Create TO to post material in warehouse stock using 999 mvt type from 921 storage type to final destination bin. for this you can use std LSMW object for creating TO, here you can flag TO confirm immediately. so no saperate step is required to confirm TO.

Hope this key points will help to make proper plan.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you use this solution for your project? I tested it and it works, but is there no direct solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srao,

<b>Did you use this solution for your project?</b>

I responded the same in my previous response, I completed the project successfully with this solution.

<b>I tested it and it works, but is there no direct solution?</b>

If it works then did you find any other problem? Also what direct solution you want?

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)