cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without Subcontracting how to handle external job works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a scenario wherein we have not implemented subcontracting process. Now the case is about external job works.

We are integrated with Plant maintenance module. They have a refurbishment process wherein they uninstall certain material from equipments and create maintenance order for refurbishment which generates a Purchase Requisition. These material is then sent to external agency for Refurbishment. The finance department wants that the material valuation should also be updated accordingly as per the cost incurred while repairing the material. How can this process be tracked in MM without subcontracting process?

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now since you have told that you are integrated with PM module so where your problem coming now...since as far as i know through Plant maintenance module the service PR gets automatically generated...also can you be a bit more clear about the tracking part...

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is that I am physically sending the material to the sub contractor. All I need to do is track the material i.e. whether it lies in the sub contractor stock. This process cannot be followed in case of service PR as service PR doesn't contain Material.

Please suggest.

former_member218071
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLease check below link if it helps / gives clue for your process.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try doing 541. After the service completed post 542 doc.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sending material or equipment through PM module?

Regards,

Indranil

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have PM implemented then follow std process, we can track the same .............

Also after generating the PR against the Maintenance aorder , service PO will be created which will be tracked through PM...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PR generated from maintenance order does not carry the material number i.e. it comes under Item Category D.

How can I track this scenario i.e. by sending material to outside agency for sub contracting.

Thanks