Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Witholding Tax Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

Need help please.

We are working in upgradation project. My issue is that we have few witholding tax that are been calcualted for Invoice Posting in the old system(4.7). Now when we have moved to global tempalte (ECC 6.0) here the issue is that the same withlding tax is configurated for Payment Posting which actually is correct.

Now all the vendor invoice where withlding tax are been calcualted for Invoice Posting (OLD SYSTEM), the same vendor when they are moved to Global template (new system) again during the time of Payment the witholding tax is been calcualted again.

So twice Withlding Tax is been calcualted for the same Vendor.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dear,

Business user has to remove payment withholding tax code for all Invoice

Process:- Go to change mode of document Invoice > Click on vendor line > Click on withholding tax tab > Enter date > remove payment TDS indicator.

Rgds

SumaMani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suma,

I tried your options its not working....

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabrial,

It would be work. Are you getting any error message ? or Is it not changeable mode ?

Rgds

SumaMani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

Please give me some alternative solution to my issue...waiting for your reply please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While posting the payment, need to make sure that the WHT base amount is Zero.

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mate,

there are 2 ways to solve it.

1. Make the tax code as "NOT LIABLE" in Vendor master (FK02) while making the payments.

Else,

2. Instruct your user saying that he has to delete the WHT data while posting the payment Open items.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U r not supposed to upload the tax codes at the time of uploading the master data, if u do like that then taxes will be calculated twice. for this u have to upload the data without tax codes and once the master data upload is over then only u have to upload the tax codes. so, u have to reverse the doc's and remove the tax codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually my sitatuion is that our changes will move to produciton environment soon, is there any soltion where in we can do some adjustments postings etc, as there are 1000+ vendors in my case. All this vendors witholding tax is deducted twice.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

as per your last post my undersantand is still not yet data moved into production. if it's correct while uploading vendor balances remove all venodrs with holding tax codes and upload data first then after wards add Tax codes in Vendor master it will work properly.

if data is already posted in Production system Upload the reverse entry for TDS amount an dclear Manually.

Regards

Satish