cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding tax Minimum base amount Vs Exemption Threshold in TAN Exemption for India/CIN

pandu_bad
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please share some knowledge on below 3 fields, in case of TAN based withholding tax Exemption (India) is activated for Vendor ...

1. Minimum Base amount in Withholding tax code : I understand this, in standard if the base amount corssing to the amount entered system will calculate WHT for entire amount
  • Vendor master data : CIN details -> TAN Exemption Tab :

2.Exem Rate?

3.Exem Threshold?

I have read list of blogs in SCN and also OSS notes on TAN based exemption process, but still missing how does above fields work

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search in Google with the text "TAN based withholding tax+cin+sap", so that you will find a very first document is a Wiki explains about the fields you wanted to know.

pandu_bad
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear lakshmipathi.ganesan, Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately the explanation was not complete in the wiki!

After doing some analysis with couple of Vendors and test-transactions,

My understanding so far :

1. If minimum base amount is maintained for WHTax code, then the Invoice/Payment should meet this requirement at first for system to calculate WHTax
  2. In case Ven Master - CIN - TAN Exemption tab has updated with Threshold amount - and the transaction falls within the limit - No WHT calculated (bassed on Exemption rate, if exem rate is 100% for a given threshold value then there will be no WHTax);
  • Here is the catch (ofcourse, may be for me atleast!)... for TAN based accumulation, system will accumulate amounts even if the base amount is less than the amount entered @WHTax code level :- Just to put it in a standard comments, this is the same as acccumulation at Withholding tax type!
  • Though the Threshold Amount (after Accumulation of Inv/Payments) is crossed, and if the new Invoice/Payment minimum base amount criteria is not met, then system will not calculate WHTax
  • To summarize : Till the accumulation/threshold limit above 1&2 are valid, after the threshold crossed point 1 should met!

However, referring to India (TAN) requirements I would prefer to read from forum on the correct usage of these 3 fields, it would be very interesting to hear your comments as well