cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have following queries regarding WIP report, request your guidance fot this.

1 I want Qty in the WIP report, so that I can cross check the WIP calculation. Please inform how I can display qty in WIP with Operation number.

2 My second question is when we run the WIP (KKAO ) which dates status is picked up eg if i want to calculate WIP for Aug for which I will run the WIP on 3rd of Sept then in that case whether system will pick up WIP from open order exist as on 3rd sept or 31st Aug?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your first question: I want Qty in the WIP report, so that I can cross check the WIP calculation. Please inform how I can display qty in WIP with Operation number.

There is no qty associated with WIP. It is simply the net result of all debits and credits. at the time KKAO is run. Example

Order to make 10 Material X

Issue in 10 Component A = $500

Issue in 10 component B = $60

Issue in 5 component C = $1000 (other 5 C are not in stock yet)

Confirm 5 hours labor = $100 (1 hour per Material X)

Caluclate Overhead = $200

Total debit to Order = $1860

GR 2 Material X (std cost = 316) = 632

WIP = $1228

Your report can say that the To Be Delivered Qty is 8. But it doesn't cross check $1228/8 = $153.5. not $316, $1228 is still the correct WIP value.

Only if everything has been done precisely to spec, including labor confirmations will the WIP report cross check with the qty to be delivered.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OKG3, look for extended control under the valuation method. you can control if quantity to be updated with the Line IDs or otherwise. This is available under the Expert Mode.

former_member558044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know your first query,but i know your second qurey its depending upon the configuration you did in SPRO.But standard system will consider 31st august only when you run WIP calculation

Regards,

Satyanarayana