cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no Est Cost in my work order

former_member603059
Participant
0 Kudos

Where does the Est. Cost come from on a Work Order? Is it only populated if the Work Order has components with cost?

I have a system generated Work Order that is created from a Plan/Task. I would have thought that the Cost from the PO would be shown in the Cost tab of the Work Order. I expected the Est. Cost to be $328.50. It appears to only bring the cost into the work order after the PO has been received.

Can someone explain how it works?

workorderestcost.jpg

workorderestcost-2.jpg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

didier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello Elisa,

estimated costs are entered manually based on value categories and can only be entered as long the work order is not released yet

Planned costs are determined on the planned materials, planned internal and external work.

for both you need some costomising in place and quite some MM and FICO related masterdata (prices in material mater, activity types, annual cost planning on activity types, cost centres, etc)

regards . Dirk

former_member603059
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Dirk and Peter. I appreciate both of you.

I checked the Rep. Plan/Act button. Nothing comes up.

I went to PM and Cust Ser/Maint and Service Pro/Basic Data/Settings for Display of Cost/Maintain Value Categories. We currently don't have any value categories set up. I created a Val. Category and assign it to a Cost Element. I can't figure out how to assign a value. Do you assign a value or is this were it pulls in form the PO? I see where you can create a Cost Profile. However where do you assign that profile.

The business has decided NOT to use activity types or material master data for Plant Maintenance. The PO is only short text. As the vendor is simply providing a service.

With that said....Just to clarify. The Value Categories in addition to Activity types & MM data need to exist in order for any planned cost to appear? If that is the case I will not configure the Value Categories any further and tell the business it is not possible with our current configuration.

Thanks again for you time.

Elisa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elisa,

Correct, the planned and actual costs from FICO need to be against the order before the value categories can work.

Essentially these value categories allow us to take detailed FICO data and simplify it for PM users..

PeteA

former_member603059
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification. This helps me out tremendiously.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elisa,

Further to Dirk's response above..

The PO cost should be shown in the Cost tab as planned costs - i.e these are costs you plan to expend.

When you GR the PO, then you will also see the actual cost in this tab. You should also see a GMPS status in the order header.

If you don't see these costs, then press the Rep. Plan/Act button and check to see if they are there. If the are, then you have an issue with the value category customising settings (see SPRO).

PeteA