cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's Who - Employee Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please suggest, how to active Who's Who - Employee Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP).

In the Who's Who - Employee Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP) is not having the node.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santsoh Shivane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

This application is web dynpro java so you cannot find it in the launchpad role ESS MENU so you need to add this manually to the Role ESS in the LPD_CUST transaction.

You can add it to the launchpad in various ways as shown below,

Also please post the issue related to ESS/MSS in the space SAP ERP HCM Employee Self-Service

Regards,

Mithun K

0 Kudos

It was moved as you were replying! 

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear &

I have tried your suggestions with Portal page method with iview PCD link, but it finally gives me an RFC error in Portal.

I have checked the authorization through SU53 it Says " The last authorization check was successful".

Could you please guide here, below is my error screenshot:

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srikanth  ,

can you check the pcd of who's who iview thoroughly from portal and recheck in lpd_cust

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala, below is my PCD link assigned in LPD_CUST against Portal page:

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_search/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.whoiswho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remove ROLES add the below PCD path

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_search/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.whoiswho

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srikanth ,

once try with jyothi reply...but not sure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I change ROLES with PCD below message:

Any other idea ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth ,

I tried in a different way please check the screen shot . I created a custom folder for the client where i have added the Iview and called the same as a portal page here.

Also activate the service in SICF and also check whether the required authorization is been given or not.

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyothi,

I have checked you have suggested url, but not working and showing following error.

Regards,

Santosh Shivane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error screen shows JCo connection is not working. Please check with the portal consultant for the JCo connection.

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh

Which EHP level u r in ??? It's clearly stating that the connections are not properly maintained for JAVA. ask ur Portal/Basis consultant to check the JCO "SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData" and ask them to check the SLD config for Web As JAVA as we are trying to call the JAVA services the system needs to be properly maintained. while configuring the SLD system will take Web As JAVA settings by default. Guess ur Portal/Basis Consultant have changed the settings.

Did u try using PCD link with ROLES as below mentioned & used the Application Category as "Portal Page"

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_search/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.whoiswho

Hope this Info will be helpful

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MIthun k,

As per the suggestion, I have done the changes, but showing following error.

pcd:portal_content/cial/ess/aero.cial.iviews.iViews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.whoiswho

Regards,

Santosh Shviane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh, 1st from portal content admin, check and make sure the PCD location exists in your env too. If it exists then it should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santosh,

go to portal open ur url and remove irj/portal and put sld and click on enter it shud be there green light if it is red light ur sld is not configured ...

go to content admin > webdynpro > check over there all the  below jcos are green in color and which is there in ur error screen shot as well as, but before activating jcos SLD shud be activated and configured first . this you have to do with j2eeadmin user id and pwd this will be having with ur basis engineering guys .

kindly check the belwo JCO's should be activated :-

General connections:

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData

Connections for the Team area:-

SAP_R3_HumanResources

SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData

Connections for the Budget area:-

SAP_R3_Financials

SAP_R3_Financials_MetaData

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenericsFIN

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaDataFIN

Connections for Travel work area:-

SAP_R3_Travel

SAP_R3_Travel_MetaData

Connections for the Projects area:-

SAP_cProjects

SAP_cProjects_MetaData

all the best try once

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santosh ,

mithun has copied the content admin and added the company name  ivew here it will not work you .....

go to content admin >end user content> content provided by sap > employee self services > check the whos who service iview java based not in abap based

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santosh ,

chk my reply u will achieve it 100 % result ..guaranteed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mithun K & Malyadri,

Thanks for the reply.

I have configured as per the suggestion on Employee Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP).

LPD_CUST

Screen-1

Screen-2

On the ESS Portal showing Tab , But when I am clicking on the Tab is not opening, showing blank.  Other all tabs are working properly.

I am confused on following three options which should be here.

1. Application Parameters

2. System Alias

3. Advance Parameters Options

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santosh Shivane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I think you have used WD-ABAP parameters for Who's who, which is wrong.

Try with below parameters:

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_search/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.whoiswho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh

Instead of Trying with WDA as Application type, try with Portal page, u will get the result. Below is the process for that.. kindly follow the same.

Screen 1:

Screen 2:

For this System Alias is not mandatory.

Hope this Info will be helpful

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Who's who service is not available in WD-ABAP (From Ehp5 & higher).

Please suggest, how to active Who's Who - Employee Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP).

No Business Function's activation or any other activation can get you Who's Who in Web Dynpro ABAP.

In the Who's Who - Employee Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP) is not having the node.

As Who's who is not available in WD-ABAP (From Ehp5 & higher) you can not see the node in Employee Self Services (Web Dynpro ABAP).

You can find the same in SPRO / Per. Mgt / Employee Self Services (which is a earlier version-Java).

But still you can get it available in these versions with few steps those are suggested by Mr. Mithun & Mr. Jwala above.

All the best,

Srikanth Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI santosh ,

in my above reply kindly align the pcd path properly and paste it in your launchpad as it is not seen here full so I have used spaces for pcd path

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh ,

its very simple..

For Who's who :- open launchpad and create new folder and add New application in that give name as Who's who and select Application type as Portal page from drop down and in application parameter add below path :-

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/
com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_search/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.whoiswho

For change own data : - open launchpad and create new folder and add New application in that give name as Change Own data and select Application type as Portal page from drop down and in application parameter add below path and save it

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/

com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/

com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_search/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.changeowndata

Regards,

Jwala