cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether MRP can be carried out for work scheduling GR. 20 i.e. work to orde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Whether MRP can be carried out for work scheduling GR. 20 i.e. work to order.

mahendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The GR processing time represents the time it takes once a material is 'delivered', before it is usable. There is not any direct linkage between GR Processing Time and MRP run. Of course, GR Processing Time determines the material availability date on MD04 Stock/Requirements List. However, since GR Processing Time, by definition, is the sufficient time for warehouse staff to accomplish the warehouse procedures (including but not limited to qualitive inspection) to place your stock into your inventory (ie. unrestricted use stock).

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MShirodkar,

Yes, s and it specifies the time needed to process the material in the operations at the different work centers.

The GR processing time depends on the order quantity.

The GR processing time is required to calculate the lot size dependent in-house production time. The system then uses the in-house production time to determine the planned dates for planned orders in materials planning.

You can define work scheduling times in the material master record in one of two ways.

Either you enter the in-house production time. If required, you can get the system to update this value from the routing.

Or you enter the setup, teardown, processing, and interoperation times. If you maintain these values, the system determines the in-house production time on the basis of lot size.

I hope it clears you doubt any queries please revert me back.

Regards,

Madhu.G

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course if your configuration is proper you can.