cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to check GL account assign to Semantic Tag ACT_COST?

Feng_Chen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear colleague,

This is related to question:2I3, the commitment of the stock material purchase requisition is 0 | SAP Community

Where to check GL account assign to Semantic Tag ACT_COST?

I checked the SSCUI:102659

But where to check what GL account assign to FS item 56, Sem.Tag ACT_COST?

So I could know the logic why the stock material purchase is not controlled in budget control report.

Many thanks,

Chen

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello fengchen.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Finance" for this question, as GL Account is an Object related to Finance Line of Business.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sai_Vivek
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Chen,

I would like to bring it to your notice that, the G/L's are not directly linked to Semantic tag's. it is an indirect linkage.

Below are the sequence of steps that needs to be followed if you want to add/maintain new G/L to a semantic tag.

Note that if you are just adding GL to an existing pre-delivered node, tags are already mapped. This is essential as many functionalities in project reporting and budgeting use these values to report all costs booked.

There are two factors to consider:

1. Assign all the G/Ls relevant for cost booking under any existing node/item under Cost of Goods Sold. All the pre-delivered existing items are already mapped.

2. Create a new node/item under Cost of Goods Sold. All nodes/items must be mapped to semantic tag ACT_COST and an individual tag. For example, material cost is mapped to overall cost tag ACT_COST and individual tag MATCST.

This is how you can determine the linkage between G/L and Semantic tag

• G/L's are linked to Chart of Accounts
  • Chart of Accounts are linked to Financial statement Version &
  • Financial Statement Versions are linked to Semantic Tag

Regards,

Sai

Answers (0)