cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where should I record all the tools required for repairing works in PM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Where should I record all those tools such as multimeter or even spanner (for repairing works), in SAP Plant Maintenance component? Since there are Functional location, Equipment and Material in Technical Objects, which one should I use to keep those tools and how to apply them in maintenance works order?

Regards,

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its depends on object ,as if any repair or calibration is going to happen on any tool like Millimeter, Ammeters, Voltmeters or any temp. sensors, then better to declare as equipment, so you can work on it by raising WO and tools like spanners and other you can declare as simple material for inventory purpose under PM storage location.

Hope this will help you.

Riyaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. But to use them on the works order later on.. How do I pick up the milimeter (if created as equipment) when I create operation steps in Works Order creation? and as for spanner, should I put the cost as zero, and as "stock item", so that it will not activate the purchase requisition when I pick them later in works order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those Millimeter etc , you can mentioned in Object list of order not on reference object, so you can have trace which equipments are used for maintenance. and For Spanner etc you can create those as UNBW material ( unevaluated Material type) so cost on WO will be zero. ( you can check this with your MM guy )

Riyaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, should I use the "object" tab to pick up the equipment for item like millimeter, and also material for item like spanner?

by the way, I found out there's PRT (production resources/tools) in PM. There's a CF01 (create PRT master), what is it for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be PRT's. PRT's are tools which aids in maintenance job, but they are not consumed. You can assign defferent PRT's to the operation. You don't have to make any goods movement. All master calibrators (In case of calibration) Jacks in case of mechanical devices used during maintenance are created as PRT's.

Regards,

N.Nagaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

You mean I don't need to do any pick up of PRT items (if I use that for tools like millimeter and spanner) during creation of work order? If that's the case, how would I be able to trace those items when it's taken for repair works or something else?

regards,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you must be knowing the assignment of PRT to operation on maintenance order screen. The PRT can be a material or equipment or it can be a document from DMS. The assignment we may have to see from individual order. I don't think we have any standard report to show you the assigned PRT's for order.

Report may be need to develop.

After assigning and before giving it to the technician you may have to cantrol the status by using user status.

Regards,

N.Nagaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried to create few PRT items but I couldn't see them in the search screen at the operation or component tab in order screen.

by the way, what is DMS?

regards,

Abraham

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abraham

I've done this in a few different ways on different projects. The solution will be dependent upon your business requirements...

Here are some of the options I can think of:

- Assigning PRTs (mentioned above)

- Add equipment to the Object List (mentioned above)

- Assigning documents (DMS or SfO)

- SfO relationships

- Goods movements of serialised materials (movement type 261/262)

- Notification catalogs

- Partners

- Text materials (could be from BOM/Assembly)

- Order Enhancement tab development (user-exit IWO10018)

PeteA