thanks in advance

bye

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Validations: It helps to control integrity of data. It used to check condition and return a, message of the condition is met. We can use this in FI and CO also. Validation follows IF, THEN, ELSE structure.

In configuration we are going to define where the validation should call up like u2013 document header, line item or complete document.

Prerequisite

Check

We used validation to restrict some roles to some document types. Eg: ZP, ZV cannot use by AR

1. Maintain validation u2013 GGBO ( it comes in special purpose Ledger)

Please assign points if you are satisfied.

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer you gave relates more to authorization. Using a validation, it is tough to check whether a user can post to a particular business area, given the number of users. Every time an employee in your client organization changes, you will have to change the validation.

You answer could be more like this - "validations are used to supplement the existing SAP logic according to businness needs". Examples are

For postings with certain document types / certain GL accounts, trading partner cannot be blank.

For certain GL accounts, profit center is mandatory (if you cannot handle this using FSG).

For certain GL accounts, business area is mandatory (if you cannot handle this using FSG).

Sets are powerful objects that can be used in validations / substitutions. Read more about validations / substitutions in

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/5b/d231c243c611d182b30000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sreekanth thanq,

ok i satisfied with ur ans ,

thanq im assigning points

bye