cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I update quantity in material master ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was working on STO (Stock Tranport Orders) scenarios

Bascially stock tranport orders can be done in three ways

1. Stock Transport via stock transport procedure using 1 step procedure

2. Stock Tranport via stock tranport posting using 2 step procedure

3. Stock Tranport using a STO ( in Tcode me21n, where we select STO)

Now, when I entered MIGO and selected Transfer posting and movement type 301

(Transfer posting from plant to plant) and maintained the material details

It is throwing up a message "Shortfall of stock level"

I went to material master of the respective material for both the plants and updated the base quantity in the sales view ( base quantity field , under the shipping data ( times of day) block)

Yet, it did not fix my problem and I am not sure where else I can maintain <b>quantity in the material master for the material</b>Any inputs into the above will be helful

Thanks for your time

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

ithis error is because of stock not available in the sending plant and storage location. check and revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesha:

Where should I check the stock in the material master in the sending plant

Note: I maintained the base quantity to 100 in sales view for the material (sending plant) and the quantity for STO (in MIGO) is given as qty 5

But still it gives the error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is nothing to do witn wthat you entered in material master

goto MMBE and enter the materialumber, plant and storage location and execute, stock should be available here, then only you can transfer the material from this plant/storage location to other material and storage location.

please come back if required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were right, I am not able to see any material quantity(stock) for the material

(so there is no question of stock transfer from issuing plant)

<b>Where can I maintain material quantity for the material</b>? also I want to bring to your kind attention that there is no BOM, Routings, & W/c's assigned to the material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If The material has no BOM then it mustbe a ROH material.

What u can do is 😕

Goto Transaction MIGO do movement type 101 - goods receipt with purchase order.

If u dont have a purchase order than go with goods receipt with option as "others" and enter the material,Quantity,plant and storage location and post the goods movement.

After that if u check MMBE then the stock will be available.Then go for STO it should be fine.

So material master does not come into picture.

Check the same and come back if u have any doubt.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash:

Thank you for your interest

I went without purchase order and went with goods receipt with option as "others" and maintained mat, qty, plant and goods movt (101)

The system issues a message to maintain a <b>vendor</b>, I tried to take vendor from the system but it does not accept the given vendor

I could not able to post GR

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suren,

If it is a test system and simply want to add stock without going through the normal purchasing cycle/prodcution cycle. You can use transaction MB1C and movement type 561 or 501 .

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Use mov type 501/561 in transaction MB1C and enter the material number/plant/storage location, save it it will work for you.

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesha:

It worked out, I was able to view the updated quatity in material master by using tcode MBIC and movement type 501( Goods Reciept without purchase order into warehouse )

thank you for doing the needful

Suren R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasobh:

It worked out, I was able to view the updated quatity in material master (plant stock view) after using tcode MBIC and movement type 501( Goods Reciept without purchase order into warehouse )

thank you for doing the needful

Answers (0)