cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When ME 803 is triggered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When is the system error ME 803 triggered? I'm not an ABAPer and it would be great if you can tell me the conditions and circumstances on which this system error message is triggered.

Thanks a lot,

Rana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is coming from purchasing

IMG->MM>Purchasing->Environment Data--->Define Attributes of System Messages ---> System messages.

ME 803 System error: quantity not completely distributed

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

ME 803 is a system error message and it's not there in IMG. I wanted to know the scenario when this error will be triggered.

Thanks,

Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The symptoms whcih cause this error message are

You have the following inconsistencies in stock transport orders or stock transport scheduling agreements:

1. The actual quantity delivered (see purchase order history) deviates from the quantity delivered at schedule line level (EKET-GLMNG).

2. The quantity of goods received (EKET-WEMNG) at schedule line level is larger than the goods issue quantity (EKET-WAMNG).

3. The scheduled quantity is smaller than the goods issue quantity (EKET-WAMNG) or smaller than the quantity delivered at schedule line level (EKET-GLMNG).

4. The quantity of goods received (EKET-WEMNG) at schedule line level deviates from the quantity of goods received actually posted (according to the purchase order history).

5. The goods issue quantity (EKET-WAMNG) at schedule line level deviates from the quantity of goods received actually posted (according to the purchase order history)

You have the following inconsistencies in standard purchase orders or scheduling agreements:

6. The quantity of goods received (EKET-WEMNG) at schedule line level deviates from the quantity of goods received actually posted (according to the purchase order history).

7. Symptoms 1 (EKET-GLMNG), 2 (EKET-WEMNG), and 5 (EKET-WAMNG) occur together.

Please check SAP Note 100690 - Inconsistencies EKET-GLMNG, EKET-WAMNG, EKET-WEMNG

for more details and corrections.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is there in IMG under system messages:

ME 803 Maximum order quantity & & from info record exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

That was a wonderful reply. Is there a way by which we can avoid these inconsistencies rather than running the reports to fix them up? It would be a great help if you can provide me solution in that direction.

Thanks a lot!!!

Rana

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

read the related OSS notes to 100690,

There you might find the reason and the program fix that prevents it from happening again.

100690 just gives reports to clear already existing inconsistecies.

E.g. 431145 explains:

Possible causes:

1. Incorrect purchase order update due to a batch split in the delivery:

==> corrected by Notes 338147 and 185023

2. Change to the unit of measure in the delivery, also in connection with a batch split

==> corrected by Notes 320931 and 185023

3. Possible error in the ordering block during the creation of the delivery

==> corrected by Note 382944

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can apply all the notes and corrections required to prevent these inconsistency errors in the future.

But if you have necountered any such error then you need start applying the notes to correct them, i am seeing thats the only way, as i dont see any manual intervention in any of these processes.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore and Jurgen,

We implemented the note and the note comes with 8 reports that we need to run incase there are some inconsistencies. It would be good to arrest the root cause than running these reports to fix them whenever they occur. So, I was wondering if there is a way (either by standard operating principle/some ABAP code/Config) by which we can prevent these inconsistencies from occuring in the system.

Your guidance in that direction would help me e lot.

Thanks a lot for your time and patience in helping me out.

Rana

Answers (0)