cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's difference between "Dependent Reqmt." and "Independent Reqmt"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell me what 's difference between "Dependent Requirement" and "Independent Requirement",please?

How to create "Dependent Requirements(DepReq)"?

Regards

Lily

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I check all child material /BOM components one by one, but I regret that I didn't found it .

Child material MRP type is 'PD' .

I think it's definition is no problem in BOM .because I can create Independent resevation(OrdRes) for child material.

Regards

Lily

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether the Stock is already sufficient for the Child Matrial?

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope u would have done the MRP for Finished material at MD02 and i assume child material has nill stock.

Please check and letus know below points.

1.Do able to see the planned order for Finished material at Md04,

If yes, is there any exception message.

2. Check the below points at Header material BOM

BOM usage, BOM status, BOM Validity.- BOM should be valid on start of Header material Planned order.

3.Selection Priority of BOM usage at OS31

Check and revert back

Pradeep

Edited by: Pradeep Kumar on Jun 27, 2008 3:17 PM

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

After done the MRP for Finished material at MD02, now I can check 'DepReq' in MD04 successfully.

Thank you very much very much for your help!

Regards

Lily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

Thank you very much for your reply.

I know we can create independent requirements for parent Material with MD61 , also can check 'IndReq ' for parent material in MD04 .

Follow what you said , Dependent requirements will be created automatically for the child material(components of the parent material). However, I can't find 'DepReq' for child material in MD04. Why? Could you explain more detail, please? Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Lily

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy,

Do one thing create one Planned order manually (Test client) of your Finished materials, and then check in MD04 for one by one for all the Child materials/BOM components.

Regards,

Dhaval

former_member539472
Contributor
0 Kudos

Child material which MRP type U USE?

Its correctly define in your BOM or not plz check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls check whether the demand from the parent material is passed down the level to the child material ie, check whether the BOM is exploded or not.

If BOM is exploded , then the MRP element DepReq would appear for the Child material.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy,

Planned Independent Requirements

Planned independent requirements are used to perform Demand Managment functions. A planned independent requirement contains one planned quantity and one date, or a number of planned independent requirements schedule lines, that is, one planned quantity split over time according to dates.

Dependent requirement

Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP)

The planned material requirements that are caused by the production of higher-level assemblies.

In the MRP procedure, dependent requirements are automatically created for the components that are necessary for the production of a planned order.

Now Come to Your second Question,

How to create Dependent Requirment :-

Firsht you have create the Planned Independent Requirement through MD61 for Finish products.After Doing the so you can find Planned independent requirement in MD04 for that material.

After runing MRP/MPS for that material system generates Planned orders for that matrerial.

Alternately ststem generates Dependent requirements for the all BOM compoenents automatically, meaning is that you don't have to create Dependent requirement manually it generated by system.

Hope it will help to solve your Query.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say , If there is a FERT and its BOM consists an ROH .

Whatever the Requirement/Demand we pass on to the FERT - is Independent Requirement

and the Requirement of ROH caused by this FERT - is Dependent Requirement.

( Dependent Requirement is the planned material requirements that are caused by the production of higher-level assemblies.

In the MRP procedure, dependent requirements are automatically created for the components that are necessary for the production of a planned order.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dependent requirement: -

Planned material requirements that are caused by the production of higher-level assemblies. In the MRP procedure, dependent requirements are automatically created for the components that are necessary for the production of a planned order.

Independent Requirements:-

Planned independent requirements are used to perform Demand Managment functions. A planned independent requirement contains one planned quantity and one date, or a number of planned independent requirements schedule lines, that is, one planned quantity split over time according to dates.

For more details pls refer:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/6d/d20d3801a01f2ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm]

For implimentation: -

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/34/60b3fdae724effe10000009b38f91f/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Independent Requirement

1. Requirement to be entered for final assembly (t.code MD61)

2. Used for Final Assembly

3. BOM is not mandatory

4. Can be converted into Planned Order

Dependent Requirement

1. Requirement auto generated through MRP/MPS process (t.code: MD50...)

2. Used for BOM components

3. BOM is required

4. Can be converted into Planned Order or Purchase Requisition

former_member491596
Participant
0 Kudos

Independent reqmt - when we enter the data in MD61(demand management) & save. Independent reqmt generates & u can see in MD04.

After MRP Run BOM is exploded & for SFG or RM reqmt generate in the form of Dependent Reqmt.

If u will double click on Dependent Remt, u can for which material & Planned order this Dependent Reqmt is generated.

Thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create requirement for a finished product in MD61 using sales forecast

That finish product will have its own assemblies/sub assemblies

After creating independent reqmnt check In MD04 you will find "ind req" for that finished prod with qty you entered in MD61

Then check the same for its assembly/sub assembly material in MD04 ,you will find "dep.reqmnt" would have got automatically created

This is the first stage prior to the reservation(your yesterday's thread)

After MRP reservation will get created

Hope the above is clear

Regards,

SVP