cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Frozen Costing Run"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I came across this word, "Frozen Costing Run" and I'm not sure whether it is the same with "Costing run"..

Does anyone know what is the difference and what's it for?

regards,

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham

Where did you hear this??

I guess a frozen costing run would mean a cost estimate estimate which is already run and released in CK40N.... Next time, when you run cost estimate for a higher level material, the same cost estimate of SFG can be picked up into the FG cost estimate depending on your "Transfer Control" settings in Costing Variant....

This is normally what is meant by frozen data in report painter reports.... I have applied the same thought process to this., i may be wrong though

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for replying.

I was actually trying to run a simulation test based on the "Standard Cost Calculation (178)" business process.

According to the step-by-step guide, we need to execute the "Costing Run" t-code : CK40N and later being reviewed and also run AOP-revenue cost-of-sales transfer, and then finally got to execute the "Frozen Costing Run" t-code CK40N before being marked and released.

Both the steps for "Costing Run" and "Frozen Costing Run" are the same expect being saved into different costing version. The former is saved into version 2 wherease the latter saved into version 1.

What's the differences between version 1 and 2?

regards,

Abraham