cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are Z reports in cost center accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what are Z reports in cost center accounting, are Z reports and report painter reports are same? plz explain me what are z reports

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Monica,

The only similarity between Z reports and report painter reports is that both are customized reports. (i.e. not provided by SAP as standard reports)

If the report is less complex and you have to fetch data from dependent tables, you can go for report painter reports. A functional consultant (or an end user for that matter if trained properly) can develop the same.

In cases where you have more complexity (validation, data fetching, manipulation of data, report display etc.) you can go for Z reports which will be developed by a developer as per your (Functional Consultant) specification.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi monica,

Z reports and report painter reports are entirely different, in z reports abapers club the differece fields from different tables. In report painter we can use standard tables and we cannot use different tables.(Eg: if u want to club BKPF, BSEG and BSAK it is not possible with the report painter, it is possible only with z reports,

if u want any thing else pls let me know

if useful award points.

Regards,

sandeep.ch