Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WH Tax Type and code - While preparing Invoice

former_member220489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year 2012

i have configured whole WH tax setup for INDIA and found working well in terms of tax calculations and etc.

i have created 1:1 for WH tax type and WH tax codes.

Then i entered WH tax type and code combination for invoice stage and similarly for payment stage also in vendor master. (Means 2 lines in WH tax tab at vendor master level)

So while making any down payments for the above said vendor, system is prompting payment stage WH tax type and code combination only, which is desired. No issues with the same.

But while preparing any invoice for the same vendor, system is prompting both invoice stage and payment stage WH tax type and code combinations, here we dont want to see the payment stage type and code combination line at all.

is it possible to hide the same or not? (during invoice, payment stage WH tax type and code combination line)

Please suggest.

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

In my opinion Validation for the relevant t codes validating tax codes is the only feasible solution .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in above post my EXPERT,

We define WHT TAX TYPE for invoiceand payment at VENDOR MASTER as you already did.

in master data for invoice posting we define tax code also for TAX type as you again did.

But for Payment posting we left the TAX type so that whenever we deduct TDS on advance payment it prompt us for deduction and its depend on us to deduct or not.

Same as we do for invoice it will show both tax type but will show the respective tax code only for invoice as we defined it in master level in vendor account.

So it's going to deduct only tax on invoice payment.

I hope it will work for you.

Regards

Arun

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP satndard practice is that..

WHT Type Invoice level.....WHT Code ......Check Liable

WHT Type Payment level.....Blank...... ......Check Liable

At the time of payment, Let user put the tax code.

Every where, FB60, F-48, MIRO, FB75.......boh tax types and codes appears as it is the way they built

Hope it helps

Thanks

former_member220489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konnipati,

I am fully aware of the concept on how tax codes and types are maintained in the vendor master.

As a last hope, i posted this question to know if there is any alternative available to hide the payment level type and code during invoice stage....since i am not getting the invoice stage type and code during advance payment,

So i thought i can look for solution to hide the payment level type and code during invoice.

Note: FYI....during F-48, i am not getting invoice stage WH tax type and code.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this by using Screen variant. There is no other way only way to achieve it is to use screen variant.

Use SHD0 and create Screen variant in this you can make field in display mode or suppress but you cant make payment tax type hide in it.

Regards

Arun

former_member220489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Screen variants does not serve my purpose i hope.

In simple words, i dont want to see both types and codes during any vend/cust invoice, since while making advance payment i am getting ONLY payment stage type and code only.

How can i acheive the same?

Regards,

Srinu