cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web application for B1 forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am planning to develop web application to work with some B1 functionality through online. is it possible to create using DI API without DI Server? give me your suggestions. what are the benefits in DI Server

Regards,

Mathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathi,

Refer This.....

Link: [url] http://www28.sap.com/businessmaps/4118177672B644999069758A15F436E4.htm

Link: [url]

Link: [url]

Thanks

Shafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for ur valid reply,

if I develop web application using DI API, can i post the master data and documents with multiple clients at a time?

any drawback?

regards,

Mathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathi,

In this case, I believe you need DI server. That is one of the benefit you can get from this server.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathi,

using DI API for multiple users is problematic and youll fight with lot of problems. But there is possibility to use it, but in different way.

For reading datas from SQL you may use .net recordset, no necessary DI.

For updating, deleting and inserting of master datas or documents, create semi "online" application based on data exchange. Create one TO DO table, insert there necessary changes you need to do and one exe application/service running on server, which will be connected through DI to database and will process this task. This application will work in recursion (or will be scheduled for every 2 secs) and will process it the task. On website you may wait with some message for customer until the background app. processed the task.

This is acceptable solution for not huge traffic on website (standard work), otherwise you need DI server.

hope it helps

Answers (0)