Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA Leave Request Sending Dialogue on Deletion

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

System Information:

NW AS 7.03 ABAP Stack 731 Level 8, ECC 606 (EHP 6) with SAP_HR 604 Level 65 and EA_HR 607 (HR-Renewal 1) Level 16

Background:

We recently went live with the Standard WDA Leave Request application containing some enhancement-tweaks and a custom approval workflow.

Question:

There's one system behavior, which, up until now, never really bothered us. However, now that we are in production, this system behavior proves to be confusing for the end users, here it is:

1. End User creates a leave Request and sends it for approval

--> OPTIONAL --> the request is approved or rejected, or the approver doesn't do anything at all, doesn't matter

2. The End User withdraws (NOT a cancellation yet, there has been no posting run) the request by clicking on the delete-Icon in the Absence overview:

Now what should be happening (in my opinion) is, the Leave Request simply disappears from the list, the receipt is set to 'WITHDRAWN' and that's it. However, what actually happens is, that after clicking the deletion item, the Sending-Application is opened again and the End User has to 'send' the Request again (this includes all plausibility checks etc.). This Sending after clicking the delete-Icon doesn't really do anything except setting the status to withdrawn, it's pretty much a dummy. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT talking about a cancellation, in a cancellation the end user has to send the Request again and there's a workflow and an approval from MSS side etc. etc. But for a mere withdrawal, this dialogue-behavior should not occur.

Am I expecting something the standard doesn't provide or do we have a bad configuration somewhere?

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lukas ,

i also have a similar requirement very near to you i have achieved it plz chk below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3451265

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Siddharth and Malyadri, thank you for your replies but we are talking at cross purposes. The LEA-statuses are perfectly clear, so is the workflow behavior; there's also no problem with plausibility checks etc. Let me elaborate again, what my (probable) misconception is:

In the above screenshot, I'm in the leave overview where I have the possibility to either change or delete an existing leave request. In my use case there's a leave request that has been rejected (i.e. the LEA database status is REJECTED and the Workflow status is COMPLETE). What I would expect to happen after clicking the deletion icon, and this is the major point of my question, is, that after confirming the warning message, the request is directly set to WITHDRAWN, the record set makes *poof* (is gone) and I'm still on the leave overview. But what does actually happen is the following:

The very fact that this sending dialogue is appearing again and has to be gone through by the end user is, in my opinion, utter nonsense, because 1. there is no further action required from an approver (yet, though this dialogue it is falsely suggested to the end user that is is) and 2. there is no new workflow instance starting.

Technically, all is fine, there are no inconsistencies etc. but the dialogue behavior, i.e. this sending step for a withdrawal, is functionally nonsense.

Cheers, Lukas

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I agree, this is the step indeed shown! just to confirm sending of the request after deletion!

to change this we provided new notes

1913904    Deletion of a leave request from overview page

1902085    Incorrect messages are shown in leave request appl

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Siddharth, these Notes partially solved my problem, but only partially, because:

• Deletion of Sent Request --> direct setting to 'WITHDRAWN'.
  • Deletion of Approved Request (but NOT posted) --> direct setting to 'WITHDRAWN'.
  • Deletion of Rejected Request --> sending dialogue appears again.

Can you confirm the correction for the deletion/withdrawal of rejected requests has apparently been forgotten? If yes, I'd raise a support message for SAP with reference to the two notes you stated and ask for a supplementation.

Cheers, Lukas

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

that should be changed as well, We changed for deletion of posted , I don't think it is yet done for this scenario

I didn't find further notes apart from below.

ie

1730726 - Error when an employee deletes a request

1862118    Leave Overview:  Contents of  customer specific fie

1835788    Not able to change approver during cancellation of

you can contact SAP again on this and I ll follow up on it.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alright, thanks for the confirmation. I'll raise message for SAP tomorrow then!

EDIT: I raised a message for SAP just now.

Cheers, Lukas

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lo and behold, a correction has been published for this : 1946640 (Version 2 onwards)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WDABAP Leave Request Behaviour...

=> Create LR -> Sent for approval -> Approved -> Posted to ECC

In this case when your deleting the LR then once again it opens the LR details and by clicking on Send it will go again for approval.

=> Create LR -> Sent for Approval -> Approved / Waiting for Approval

In this case when your deleting the LR then also once again it opens the LR details (i.e Leave Request Screen ) and by clicking on Send it will be withdrawn status.

In any case the LR screen will display in WDABAP.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thank you Shankar.

, do you know why the process has been designed this way? I can't make any sense of it (i.e. a sending dialogue for a mere setting of the status to 'withdrawn')...

Cheers, Lukas

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

a. Cancellation of a Leave in 'SENT' status:
When an user requests a leave (with workflow), it starts the workflow
and an workitem is created in the approver's inbox for approval. Now if
the user cancels the leave before the approver could approve/reject,
the workitem will be completed and the workitem will be removed from the
approver's inbox. The new status of the document will be 'WITHDRAWN'. In
this case no new workflow will not be triggered on cancellation.

b. Cancellation of a Leave in 'APPROVED/REJECTED' status:
When the approver approves/rejects the leave request, the workitem will
get completed and the workitem will be removed from the approver's
inbox. Now if the user cancels the leave request, workflow will not be
triggered. This is because, as per the standard behavior is concerned,
cancellation of a leave which is 'APPROVED' (not yet posted) doesn't
require manager's approval hence no new workitem will be created.

d. Cancellation of a Leave in 'POSTED' status: Only the approved
requests are posted to the infotype 2001. When an user cancels a posted
leave request, it creates a DEL item. Creation of a DEL item triggers
the workflow and a new workitem is created in the approver's inbox. Upon
the approval of the workitem, the record is removed from the infotype on
the next run of the posting report (RPTARQPOST).

Please check the table PTREQ_STATUS_TRA for statuses which explains

and if you need more information let us know

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bumpity bump.

Does anybody have an idea? Is it understandable what my expectation is in contrary to what's actually happening? It would be nice if somebody who is also using the WDA Leave Request could confirm this dialogue-behavior, so I know whether our process is simply broken or whether this is 'normal'.

Cheers, Lukas