cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS settlement to wrong Asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

One of the users have settled the WBS to wrong asset number instead of an AUC in period 11 of 2007 which has been closed. They want to rectify this mistake. But they do not want to open period 11 and reverse the settlement. They want to make the settlement to the correct AUC in the current period.

I tried doing transfer from Wrong asset to Correct AUC but it throws error as acc. dep account is not maintained for AUC. And also depreciation has been booked against the asset for period 11 and period 12. The year has not yet been closed. Please suggest solution for this. Points will be rewarded.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the option would be to reverse depreciation posted on wrong assetby changing the dep. key as 0000 as suggested earlier. Then the wrong asset would be having no depreciation. Then you may need to configure accumulated depreciation for the AUC asset class just to ensure that asset transfer goes through. You may not have any postings being made on the at account as all depreciation posted on the assset would have been reversed earlier. Once the transfer is done, revert back the configuration as it was before.

I hope it helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case the real asset is posted instead of AUC. Is it correct?

Change the depreciation keys to 0000 for the asset for all areas.

Reexecute the depreciation run for the periods 11 and 12 for the asset with option repeat. This will reverse the depreciation posted for that asset in those periods.

Now You can try transfer the asset to AUC. If not you can reverse the settlement in the current period and redo the same for AUC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

But i cannot transfer to auc it throws error that Accumulated depreciation account is not maintained Message AU 133. We are currently in period 3 of fiscal year 2008. However, fiscal year 2007 has not been closed. So should i reverse depreciation for even period 1,2 and 3 of year 2008. What would be my other options on solving this issue because i cannot reverse the settlement that has been carried out in period 11 in the current period.