cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wbs element search help on web dynpro for abap timesheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The WBS Element search in CAT2 contains 8 tabs for different search criteria, this is not available in the Webdynpro CATS timesheet. 

2. What control is there to customize the default WBS element search on the web dynpro for abap timesheet?  I want to select WBS elements in certain statuses.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Could you please tell me , how did you achieved this.

I have just started to enhancing the same class for WBS search help(adding new fields).

And I also need to add the F4 help to these new selection parameters.

Thanks in Advance,

Chandra

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can use exits to do so, or else have users use templates?

CL_XSS_CAT_VALUE_POSID, element(CATSD-RPROJ) or  CL_XSS_CAT_VALUE_HELP_POSID, You can modify this class to obtain the desired results, which should be simple in your case and yeah it works both for CATS WD java and ABAP version

In standard FM CATS_SEARCH_WBSELEMS is called.

Inside the FM CATS_SEARCH_WBS is called.

Note that

. The search helps are from TCATS_SHLP_ITS table and some

search help classes. This is the standard functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for response.  I TCATS_SHLP_ITS table there is no entry for CATSDB-RPROJ.  The fields in this table are listed below.  If RPROJ is not in TCATS_SHLP_ITS then how do I find the search help that is used?

ARBPL, AUFKZ, AUTYP, BEMOT, KAPAR, KOKRS, LSTNR, OTYPE, PLANS, RAUFNR, RKDAUF. RKOSTL, RKSTR, RNPLNR, RPRZNR, SEBELN, SKOSTL, SPRZNR, STATKEYFIG, TCURR, UNIT, VERSL, WERKS, WTART, ZZPROD_ID

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For this you need to the class as mentioned. This should solve your issue.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to the class as indicated

CL_XSS_CAT_VALUE_POSID, element(CATSD-RPROJ) or  CL_XSS_CAT_VALUE_HELP_POSID,

for posid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked spro > cross-application components > time sheet > specific settings for CATS regular > CATS regular (ITS) > Modify Possible Entries Help and there was no entry for WBS Element field RPROJ.  How do I determine the Name of the Search Help field being used on field CATSDB-RPROJ?  The selection fields are: CO Area, Short ID, WBS Element and Description.  The display fields are WBS Element, Short ID and Description

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure it's the Web Dynpro ABAP version?

If so, you can look at the Web Dynpro....look at the element/field in it's view context and see how the "help" for it is defined. That should point you to the Search Help used. Most are by default from the data dictionary based on the field element used in defining the context element.