cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Msg: Material ..... has Service Item only; msg No: ME324

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a PO, i am getting a warning message, Material ..... has Service Item only; msg No: ME324

I checked the material master, purchasing view. The field Plant specific material status, it is blank. Can anyone help me solve this.

Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

message ME324 is specific to material status and not procurement type. Material status can be maintained at client level(basic data) and pant level(purchasing data). did you already the check the basic data whether you maintained any material status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

X-Plant Material status was maintained as SO.

Regards,

Sanjay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May material created with Material Type- DIEN  which is for Service ONLY, so better create

Purchase order with proper document type by entering item catagory D and an account assignment catagory with other datails and save the purchase order.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Thanks for the reply, I checked the material type for the material, it was finished product (customized - Zxxx ), so the field Ext purchase orders - 1 (External purchase orders allowed, but warning issued)

so obviously we should not create PO.

Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material status of the material master record you entered does not allow for external orders.

• You can continue your current processing.
  • Check that the material status in the purchasing data of the material master record is correct.
  • If you have the appropriate authorization, you can change the material status in the purchasingdata of the material master record. If you do not, contact the person responsible for material master record maintenance