cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning message on creation of IT0105 records

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create a IT0105 record, subtype 0004 (phone number) for example and enter a phone number that already exists on another record I get the following message

ID/number already used for Person number nnnn. This is a warning message and I can return through it. Is there a way to make this message not display? I am trying to create records in IT0105 via a dynamic message and even if I use the /D in the dynamic action to perform the action in the background I still get the "ID/number already used for Person number nnnn" displayed. I do not want the message to display in the dynamic action so I would like to know if there is a way to suppress this message in all cases.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DAVID,

Go to table V_T582A and enter infotype 0105, keep PAST ENTRY ALL "BLANK"

Try it, Hope this will help you out.

Kindly update.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I found my issue... It is a program error by SAP. There is a recent OSS note to addresses the issue: 1668662. Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Do you remember what was your answer? Funny, I am having this issue in an SAP 6.0 EHP4 SP10 but do not have it in an SAP EHP4 SP8?

Is this a configuration issue?

Thanks!

Benoit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the attributes of IT0105 in table V_T582A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see any attribute about error/warning messages

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David :

The checking for duplicate values in IT0105 is done in PAI 'CHECK_USERID' (include MP010530), and is not configurabled (i.e. hard-error if subtype is '0001', warning if different subtypes). Therefore, I don't think you can suppress the message, unfortunately.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my issue is when I am creating, end dating an IT0105 record via a dynamic action with the /D to perform dynamic action in background the warning message still displays. In 4.6C the /D suppressed the message but the message is not suppressed in ECC 5.0 using the /D