cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse alerts not popping up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts.

i have created warehouse alerts based on queries for a client. The alerts are set to be triggered when new sales orders are added in SAP at the counter when a customer comes to buy. The alerts are also set to pop up in warehouse computers installed with SAP. There are six different warehouses. The alerts management is set on a frequency of 1 minute and three recipients are selected to receive the alerts by internal message. One of the recipients is the manager/creator of the alerts. These settings are standard for all warehouse alerts.

PROBLEM: The alerts work fine but the following day when new sales orders are created, the alerts fail to pop up in the warehouses. So far, we've been dealing with this problem by recreating the alerts which then work fine for the rest of the day. I need a permanent solution to this problem.

As a side note, i've also been getting an error message at the bottom of the screen reading...'Another user-modified table [Alerts Template]. Am not sure how this error relates to my problem because it randomly appears but does not stop any transaction processing or any action at the time.

Regards,

David Gitare.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you find the solution works, please close your thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have confirmed that the alerts are working fine now. Thank you all for your valuable contributions.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

If 1 minute is absolutely necessary, you have to simplify your code and query result as much as possible. Try this:

SELECT DISTINCT T0.DocNum, T1.ItemCode, T1.Dscription, T1.Quantity,T1.WhsCode FROM dbo.ORDR T0 INNER JOIN dbo.RDR1 T1 ON T0.DocEntry = T1.DocEntry WHERE T0.DocStatus = 'O' AND T0.DocTotal > 0 AND T1.WhsCode = '01' AND DateDiff(DD, T0.DocDate, GetDate()) < 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used your alert and changed the frequency to 2 minutes. This worked fine for the rest of the day but the following morning the alerts still failed to pop up. So ideally, my problem remains unresolved. The error, 'Another User-Modified Table [Alerts Template]' is still appearing at the bottom of the screen. Other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is because the changed code would only pop up when you have new order on the current day. You may change it to <2 for including the day before or < 8 if you need one week new order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way you designed the code to check for open sales orders for the current day was exactly what i was looking for. I changed the assignees to the alerts in alerts management such that only one person (the store-man in charge of a specific warehouse) is to receive alerts that are relevant to his warehouse. In this case, the manager is not set as one of the assignees to receive alerts to any warehouse because he's not a storekeeper to any of them. In addition, i edited your code (highlighted) to:

SELECT DISTINCT T0.DocNum, T1.ItemCode, T1.Dscription, T1.Quantity,T1.WhsCode FROM dbo.ORDR T0 INNER JOIN dbo.RDR1 T1 ON T0.DocEntry = T1.DocEntry WHERE T0.DocStatus = 'O' AND T0.DocTotal > 0 AND T1.WhsCode = '01' AND DateDiff(DD, T0.DocDate, GetDate()) < 1 AND T1.[WhseCode]=_'01'_, for each warehouse code.

This appears to have solved the problem, so far. Am giving this another 2-3 days to see how it goes.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your first problem would be frequency which should not be that short. 5 minutes might be better. Another could be your query. Please post it here.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon et al.,

I set the frequency to 1 minute because the client wants the whole transaction process to take as little time as possible i.e. reduce customer service time such that as soon as the sales order is created at the counter, the stores person in the warehouse should receive an alert of the order almost immediately and send the goods to the counter. Increasing the frequency to 5 minutes would be unacceptable to our client.

I created two queries for each warehouse. One that SAP will use to refresh every 1 minute to check for open sales orders which is as follows:

SELECT DISTINCT (T0.[DocNum]), T1.[ItemCode], T1.[Dscription], T1.[Quantity],T1.[WhsCode] FROM ORDR T0 INNER JOIN RDR1 T1 ON T0.DocEntry = T1.DocEntry INNER JOIN OITM T2 ON T1.ItemCode = T2.ItemCode INNER JOIN OITW T3 ON T2.ItemCode = T3.ItemCode WHERE T0.[DocStatus] = 'O' AND T0.DocTotal > '0' AND T1.WhsCode = '01'

The warehouse code '01' indicates the first warehouse as set in SAP. The codes go upto '06'.

The second query, for which i've designed a query print layout, is created for use by the stores person to print a Pick-List of items present in the warehouse in which he's in charge of. The query is as follows:

SELECT DISTINCT (T0.[DocNum]), T1.[ItemCode], T1.[Dscription], T1.[Quantity],T1.[WhsCode] FROM ORDR T0 INNER JOIN RDR1 T1 ON T0.DocEntry = T1.DocEntry INNER JOIN OITM T2 ON T1.ItemCode = T2.ItemCode INNER JOIN OITW T3 ON T2.ItemCode = T3.ItemCode WHERE T0.[DocStatus] = 'O' AND T0.DocTotal > '0' AND T1.WhsCode = '01' and T0.[DocNum] = [%0]

When an alert is sent and the internal message pops up, the stores person selects from the query manager, the related warehouse picklist query, enters the sales order number as shown in the internal message pop-up and prints a picklist of items present in the warehouse in which he's in charge of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do counter sales as well, what we do is get the person who enters the sales order to print it in the appropriate warehouse, the warehouse people then create a pick list or copy to delivery.

We also do the same for rush orders, we have 3 warehouses in 3 different provinces and this seems to work well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jenkins,

as part of my client's internal controls, he does not want the store people to know the prices of items and therefore printing the sales orders in the warehouse would not be a welcome move. Except for that, i think your idea is good.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try decreasing the frequency, perhaps every 3 minutes.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raise a support ticket in service market place,

Also check this link