cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waranty popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ...

I have a customer who is dealing in sales and service ...... he did sales from one company and provide service from another company ....

PROBLEM

1. when he sales item he provide warranty on that item for (16 months or 2 years) and after the end of that warranty he gives AMC form his service company ....

2. customer wants when the warranty of the item ends the system need to show a user defined message ....like ... warranty ends we can give the AMC now ......... how can i setup this as when the warranty ends it will show a user defined message ....................

Thanks & Regards

Rajnish Srivastava ,,,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are mentioning warranty period in transaction then make query on that and set in alert management. So system will give you alert message after the finishing of Warranty period.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin ,,,

I never do this allert management can u please explain me step by step ........ i am new in sap B1 ... Please Help Me ..

Thanks & Regards

Rajnish Srivastava ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make query first and compare it with your Warranty end date.

Goto Tools->Queries->Query generator paste in Query Structure and save it in User Queries with the some Name. Then goto Administration and open Alerts Management goto in add mode Specify Alert Name then set priority what you want then tick on active checkbox then click on Open save Query and attached your saved query. Then select to whom you want to send alert message and set Frequency and if you want history tick History check box.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please provide me the query .......... i m need

thanks & regards

Rajnish Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Rajnish, Can you tell me where you are capturing Warranty Period? So I can give you query.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am capturing Warranty Period service contract..

Thanks

Rajnish

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am capturing Warranty Period in service contract

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajnish,

SELECT

OC.ContractId AS 'Contract Number',

OC.StartDate AS 'Contract Start Date',

OC.EndDate AS 'Contract End Date',

OC.CstmrCode AS 'Customer Code',

OC.CstmrName AS 'Customer Name'

FROM OCTR OC

WHERE OC.srvctype='W' and CONVERT(VARCHAR,OC.Enddate,103) = CONVERT(VARCHAR,GETDATE(),103)

This query will give you output which those contracts made only as Service type is warranty and end date is equal to current date.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totaly new to this process .... i never deal with warranty .... please guide were should i give the warranty....... actually when i am selling the item with serial no it automatically creates the customer Equipment card and then i define the service contract ... in that i use start date and end date as a waranty period ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajnish,

When you are going to make Service contract with the Service type is Warranty then above query will match with your mentioned service contract end date with current date and it will give you Alert message.

E.g.

If you created two service contracts mentioned Service types Warranty and 1st SC's end date is 31 May 2010 and 2nd SC's end date is 26 May 2010. So automatically system will popup 2nd SC alert message on your SAP screen with SC No, Start Date, End Date, Cust Code, Cust Name etc.

Just set above query in Alert management and for same refer SBO help. for assigning query.

Thanks,

Sachin