cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wage type is not appearing in out put table when the value is "0".

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we had implemented a rule like the following.

0000 Basic

ELIMI R         Elimi. time period ID

AMT-  1111   Substraction

RESET *       Set time period ID

ADDWT *      OT Output table

1) Let say 0000 wage type value is 3000 and 1111 wage type value is also 3000

since 3000-3000=0 now the value of wage type 0000=0 is not appearing in Output table.

1111 is to calculate the amount for his absent days and we are deducting from salary component.

2) we had written one more rule to replace the deducted amount(in the case of regularizing absence with leave)

0000 Basic

ELIMI R         Elimi. time period ID

AMT+  2222  Addition

RESET *        Set time period ID

ADDWT *       OT Output table

amount which had been deducted earlier 3000 will be replaced by 2222.

here concern is we had written the rule for the deduct the amount when he is absent.

1)he was absent 30 days calculated amount has been deducted from basic pay where his basic pay and deduction amount is same

example 3000-3000=0(amt-  1111)

but 0000 is not appearing in the output table with 0 value.

later employee has regulariged his absence now we are supposed to pay his deducted amount with the next rule.

since wage type is not appearing in the Output table with "0" value am unable to pass the value 3000 to the 0000 wage type.

Kindly suggest me how to over come the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh Orusu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ven,

As I understood you are talking about a scenario which an EE has 30 days absence and his/her salary will be 0. So why you need to have basic wt(0000) in output?

In fact I don't think so you need wage type 0000 because the final net amount will calculate in /559 to pay if you don't touch any standard rules of your schema.Otherwise share some more information because the situation was not clear for me.

Regards,

Omid

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

we have a concept absence reversal when he regularize his absence with approval we have to pay him back for 30 days.

so that we created one more absence type called as absence reversal and we are passing those number of days to one wage type 30 days and we are calculating 30 days amount and the same amount should be added to the basic (0000).

But here concern is out put table is not appearing with 0000 when the value is '0'.

so absence reversal concept is not working in the next line in the schema.

let say employee salary is 10000 he was absent full month 30 days

as per the rule 1 he should be paid with "0"(it is working fine).

rule 2 is when he regularize his entire 30 days we should pay him complete salary 10000.

but here concern is rule 1 is working fine as per the absence 30 days (xxxx=10000-yyyy10000=xxxx is "0".

xxxx is not appearing in the out put table with "0" since am unable to pay his 30 days salary 10000.

since 0000=0 is not there in out put table 0000 is not processing in my next rule and it is not calculating xxxx "0"+zzzz "10000"= xxxx but it should be calculated as 10000 but this is not working in this case.

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Once you regularise the LOP ( either automatically through time evaluation or manaully by changing 2001) system will trigger retro and itrecalculater the payroll for the regularised days and the result will come as arrears in the current month.

Is there any specific reason for these manaual exercises.

Regards

Sujith

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ven,

What do you mean by "regularization"?

If I tell the truth I did not get the issue

You mean you would add 30 days as worked days to a month with full month unpaid absence in the case?

Regards,

Omid

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are calculating XXXX with the help of YYYY and ZZZZ since when calculations are happened with reference to the line number one XXXX is processed and then value is become "0" so we are unable to process XXXX and no calculations happen for further since we introduced another wage type to calculate the amount then we added it to XXXX for further then it is resolved.

Regards

Venkatesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zero values will not necessarily show up, but that's not annissue, if you start your processing from the right end.

If you want to add tge value of wagetype xxxx to yyyy, then you need to start from xxxx. When xxxx is processes, add it to the target with addwt xxxx and there you go.

As a rough rule of thumb you need to come from the WT whose value is used. Then it doesn't matter, if it isn't processes, when the value is zero: adding or subtracting zero can be skipped. In a division it must be skipped. Only for a multiplication you need to decide a smart logic within your bespoke context.