cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Upgradation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are upgrading from SAP B1 2007 B PL17 to SAP B1 8.82. Please suggest us the bug free patch in 8.82 version.

Thanks in Advance..

Umamahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upgrade 2007 B to 8.82 PL11 and then upgrade higher version of 8.82.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umamahesh,

Have you considered to upgrade to 9.0? If not, why?

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Uma,

No patch level is bugs free. It is because the software is not developed base on specific business process and using perfect programming language and plaftorms.

Rgds,

Ste ve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I totally agree with you. Please suggest less errors patch out of 14 patches in 8.82.

Thanks.

Umamahesh.

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Uma,

I can't suggest what patch because sometimes, e.g., if 2 end users are using the same patch, only one of them can get the bugs error. it is because both end users using the same functionality or documents.

Best practice can also be reliable to decide the best patch level but it can also bugs.

So, I suggest you to use 8.82 PL06 or 8.82 PL07. It is the middle patch.

If you use latest patch, i.e. 8.82 PL14 and higher versions, it probably will bring you close to the newest version of SAP B1, i.e. 9.0. So, if something happened in your company db at the time when no more support of patch level is available in SAP B1 8.82, you have to have the SAP B1 9.0 which is means that you must upgrade to the newest version.

if you use the lower patch, i.e., PL04 to PL05,  I think there are probably many bugs there.

Rgds,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dearl all,

I fully afree with Steve... PL12 is the switch between what is specific to 8.8x and the conversion with V9. Besides this, it's the Crystal Reports version change (2008 before and 2011 from it and up to now).

Aside, specific functionalities where added in PL8, so my choice would be to go to 11 or 14, depending more or less on the CR.

Regards,

Eric