cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor reminder letter by email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want reminder letters to be sent to vendors automatically by email, till he supplies all the qty of PO. Pls guide for the complete pro. Have configured the system til MAHN output type.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the procedure

Dunning Procedure. For PO through Mail

Spro - SAP NetWeaver - Application Server - Basis Services - Message Control - Determine communication Strategy

1) Here Select Strategy CS01 ans click communication Type on Left side and select INT in Position 1 and save.

2 ) Spro - MM- Purchasing - Messages - Output Control - Message types - Define Message types to PO execute

here select Message type MAHN and click Processing Routines .In Medium select option 5(External Send).Select MAHN line item andclick details and maintain Medium as External for Funt OA,VN,DP then save.

Go back to

Spro - MM- Purchasing - Messages - Output Control - Message types - Define Message types to PO - select "Fine-Tuned Control: Purchase Order"

Here maintain operation as 3,CType as MAHN and do nat check the box. Save.

Next proceed as follow :

Me21n

ME9F-PO print Hard copy

ME91F u2013 Generate Messages,Save.

ME9f- output type u2013 MAHN .

Maintain Conditionj Record In MN04 for PO and for RFQ MN01

Go to /nSOST and double click on Status to check the mail is delivered.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

JNRKMM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks dear for all ur help,

but can u tel me whats th role of basis in this?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

basis role will be to activate mails for external send.

Regards,

qsm sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whre he can do this setting.

One more question.

If PO qty is 1000, and vendor delivers 500 on del date, will system send Letter for remaining qty? How to configure this? Shall we do it in tolerance for Pur Value Key?

Edited by: sapsarang on Nov 2, 2010 8:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

basis consultant know where to do this setting. regarding the other question of remaining quantity you need to develop a form of reminder.

regards,

qsm sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Means you want to say, if PO is for 100 qty, and if we dont receive any of the qty, then only system wil send letter to vendor. And if we receive part qty say 50 out of 100, system will not send letter, will need to develop form for this?

Pls guide

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In any case you need to develop a form which should go to vendor either without quantity information or with quantity information, we are using without quantity information, so you need to contact your ABAP team to modify if you want it with the partial quantity information.

regards,

qsm sap

former_member824495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basis person will do the SMTP configuration.

For reminders, after your configuration is done, then you need to maintain purchse value key.

Say you want to send reminder to vendor 4 days before delivery date. Then when you will run ME91F, system will send reminder to vendor.

Now if vendor sends say 50 quantity out of 75, then after executing ME91F, system will send reminder to vendor for remaining 25 quantity only.

Regards,

Piyush