cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendor master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I create a same vendor in different account group ? Inform me how it can be done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U cant create same vendor for different account grp. SAP has provided the provision to have different partner function to map the business requirement of same vendor having different master data.

IF you want to have specific to account grp, still u can create with different account grp and assign it in partner function.

But you cant create same vendor to different account grp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add one more point to my earlier answer. Same vendor can be in multiple accounts with the help of partner function. But Every individual partner is a vendor by them self. So it cannot be considered as different vendor.

What SAP MM is saying if same vendor is used for import and domestic purchases should have different vendor in different acount group. His solution is not correct. SAP standard solution is to use vendor subrange for this purpose.

Regards

Antony

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

u cant have similar vendor number with different account grps.

as system will not allow u to have same number range for two vendor grps.

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

U can create one vendor for all account groups.

If the vendor is playing in all roles , like , dosmestic . import , ..etc.

u can create different vendor master for same vendor with different account group.

So while doing PO , it will show you the pricing procedure according t othe vendor schema group.

Revert any clarififcation.

Thanks

SAP-MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

One vendor cannot be in two account group with same number. But You can change from one account group to another using t.code XK07