cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Catalog Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've noted that both my Goods Issue and Goods Receipt screens are blank in Vendor Columns (I.e. Customer/Vendor Ref. No, Customer/Vendor Name etc) and i want to query stock adjustments supplier wise.

Can this be rectified by assigning Vendor Catalog Numbers to items in the system? because at the moment we're only using ItemCodes?

And if so, whats the procedure to update the existing items with Vendor Ref. No.s and to ensure that all the new items are either automatically or manually updated? Thanks

Regards,

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

If you do want to query stock adjustments supplier wise, the only possible way is to set up all items with unique Vendor Catalog Numbers. Please note, that means if you have one item with multiple Vendors, you end up with duplicate items with different codes everywhere.

It might not be a good practice for you in the long run.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

If you are referring to the Goods Issue and Goods Receipt functions under Inventory Management, they do not refer to Customers or Vendors. Their offsetting posting is to a G/L Account. Only Purchasing or Sales documents will effect BP's.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Henry,

Pl post question clearly ?......

Jeyakanthan