cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Bank Details - Bank control Key for Spain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Can anyone tell me how to maintain the bank control key for Spain in the vendor master data? I can see that Spain uses the key to check the combination of bank number and bank account number, and it looks like the validation points to table BNKAIN. However, where do I get the two digit bank control key (from the vendor?), and how do I maintain it in the table (this table is buffered)?

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated, and I will gladly assign points for helpful responses.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Heather,

you can maintain the bank control key in vendor master data : General Data and the (third) tabstrip for bank accounts. Field is LFBK-BKONT and is right after the account owner.

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your quick response. My problem is not location of the field itself, but rather on what data to use to populate the field. There is no input help for this field, and the system issues an error message every time I try to populate the field. We ran a trace and discovered that the system appears to be running a check against table BNKAIN. I think perhaps I need to maintain that table, but cannot figure out how to access the table to maintain the entries. Do you know how to maintain this table, or is there a specific bank control key that should be used for Spain?

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think table BNKAIN has nothing to do with this field. On the other hand this code belongs to the bank account number, that means, if a vendor provides its bank account to you, it has to provide this code as well. I am sure there is a mathematical formula to derive (the system is doing this check as well, otherwise you would not get the error message), but I am not sure if anyone is using that in real life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eric! That's the information I needed. I will ask our accounting department to follow up with the vendor.

On a side note, if we cannot get a control key from the vendor, would you recommend turning off the bank details check for Spain so we can enter the bank details without receiving an error message?

Thanks again for your quick and helpful responses!

Heather

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can turn off cecking the bank data by country specific data (in SPRO), but I am afraid this will turn off checking the bank account as well. Anyway you have to give it a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...it turns off checking the bank account as well. We'll only try this option if we're unable to come up with an acceptable control key.

Thanks!

Heather

Answers (0)