cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant price in Sale order when using Variant table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created configurable material, assigned the correct class(300), and also created variant table, variant price. configuration profile, WHen I create sale order, If I use Variant table meaning I input the Key variant value, system can bring out the other characteristics correctly, but when I review the variant price, I found that only the Key variant has price in VA00 condition, there is none of other variant.

The other way I manully input the all characteristic just like the sturcture in Variant table when create sale order,

system can bring out all variant price correctly.

My question is this:

Is this just the system logic of only considering the Key variant's price if use Variant table in configuring Sale order?

Does this means that we should sum togother the Key and Non-key variant price in variant price condition (VA00)?

Or something is wrong?

I am very appreciated to your answer, thanks all.

King QI

2010-07-27

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark the wrong staus just now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark the wrong staus just now

Edited by: King Qi on Jul 27, 2010 2:12 PM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi King Qi,

The purpose of variant table is only to keep the valid combination of characteristics values and to my knowledge it doesnt have any relevance to pricing.

You have to create a reference characteristic with the field SDCOM-VKOND in the field name of the characteristic. Then you have to create procedure dependencies to update the values of all the characteristics into this structure. I have forgotten the syntax for that , but you will get it in google or simply in this link

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/LOVC/LOVC.pdf

Using this syntax, you have to include all the values into the SDCOM-VKOND field.

Now you have to maintain the condition record for c.type VA00 for all valid values of the characteristic.

Now if you create sales order, you can see the values.

In the link I provided, check page number 215, it explained things beautifully.(Variants are case sensitive)

Edited by: SNavaneetha Krishnan on Jul 27, 2010 4:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for you quick feed.

All the related data I have already created, Just as I said I am not sure whether it is clear or not.

Just as I haved descripted in the threat, I can get the correct variant price when creating the sales order by manully select

the options( characteristcs). But if I use Variant table although system can bring out the correct variants, but the variant price will not be brought out correctly, it seems only the key vairant in Variant table gets the variant price, other variaints can not get the varriant price. in thsi situation .

would you please simulate such senario, you configure the sales order using variant table, whether each variant will be brought the related variant pirce? thanks.

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct,

1. Variant table will be used to infer the variant condition into the characterisitics assignments.

2. and thekey varaint will be used to deterimine the price in VA00.

Kindly mark it as answered if your query is addresed

Reg

dsk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dsk,

I am sorrty the question is still there.

If I use Variant table, I can not get the correct variant price, but If do not use variant table, everything is OK.

So I do not know where is wrong.

King qi

Edited by: King Qi on Jul 27, 2010 2:06 PM

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What are u doing in the variant table ?

2. In the Class you have one characteristics ( which is refernece characteristicts ) which is used for maintaining the price in the VA00.

3. For this characterisicics in your sales order you can make the sytem to automatically flow the value based on the other characteristics.

are u using the above functionality or is anything different you are doing with variant table ?

4. Also when you maintain the value in the VA00 -VARIANT Condition needs to be same as the charac value.

let me know your feedback

reg

dsk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dsk,

Thank you. All the data seems is OK,

I simulate the data in ECC6.0, it works well. Before I use the older IDES version..

Thanks, I will close the threat.

Kingqi

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. In pricing condition system expects one price for one variant condition

2. Apart from all your prices this prices can added to arrive the gross / net price of the material.

3. This is like a surcharge or increase of price for the variant.

I am not able to understand what is the non-key variant price means.- can u elaborate.

reg

Dsk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dsk ,

I have created one variant table which have one Key field, the other field I told as 'non-key variant ', then the price is called 'non-key variant price'.

thanks.

Kingqi

2010-07-27