cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I have finish material as a Hardisk i have assigned 300 class for this i have created configuration profile in CU41. I have created BOM for this fert. In BOM 200GB & 100GB raw material is created for these two raw material class 200 is assigned also in BOM maintained as Class item. also one plastic case is also added in BOM item. Means in BOM there are three components 2 are configurable & one ROH. Now in CU50 if i select 200GB then in BOM explosion system should select 200GB & one plastic case. But its not happening I think it is problem of object dependency Now please tell me how to write a object dependency?

regards,

dev123.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u have to write object dependency in BOM .dependency sholud be of type " selection condition" and then write in dependcy editor how u want to pick ur BOM components.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

in my case as per selection of characteristic value eg. (200GB/100GB) in CU50 system should choose the raw material 200GB/100GB now please guide me how to write a dependency?

waiting for replay.

regards,

dev123.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI DEV,

Tell me ur characteristics name and exact value , I will tell u the code of dependency

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Write the dependecy : $parent.char name = "char value" .

Assign this dependency in BOm item which u want to get picked.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello AMIT Sir,

i have created characteristic v_memory & the values are 200GB & 100GB now if i choose 200GB in CU50 transaction system should select 200GB raw material on this scenario please tell how to write dependency,

thanks,

dev123.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dev,

dep : $parent.v_memory = "200GB" Assign this to raw material 200GB in BOM

Dep : $parent.v_memory = "100GB" Assign this to raw mat 100GB in BOM

Hope ur problem gets resolved.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using class item category and class type as 200 then there is no need of dependency for selection.

if you are using derect material in BOM. write dependency as below

for material 200GB select dependency type as selection condition and in dependency editor write

$root.v_memory eq '200GB'

for material 100GB

$root.v_memory eq '100GB'

Regards

Dilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello AMIT Sir,

i tried that dependency but system giving me sentax error so that status of dependency is not released so that it is not working any another suggestion.

regards,

dev123.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Dilip Sir,

i have tried your solution but still not getting prorer output in CU50 if any another solution please forward.

regards,

dev123

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Dilip Sir,

i have tried your solution but still not getting prorer output in CU50 if any another solution please forward.

regards,

dev123

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dev, just a simple check list to verify if everything has been set properly....

- Create a characteristic HARD_DISK with two values.

- Create class HD, category 200, with characteristic : HASRD_DISK

- Complete the additional data tab with Allowed in BoMs, position item and required component

- Create Class PC , category 300 for the final product

- Assign the characteristic HASR-DISK to this class

- Create the classification view for your PC material code with category 300

- Create the classification view of your HD material code with acategory 200 and assign the value for each capacity

- Create a BoM for the PC material code using position type K and the class HD (Cat. 200)

- Under class recursiveness tab for the class, you should include all the relevant information and the HD material codes (two codes, with the class HD category 200

- Use the CU50 to configure your PC

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there are 3 ways of selecting BOM component

Option 1 : Selection using class item category

please check the below link for selecting materials through class item category

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

--> selecting bom items --> Selection from a class item

If you are getting prob in this process please check in 200 class additional tab.

and you should use same char in 200 and 300 classes.

2: Second Option through object dependency

Writing depency for all components

If you are getting syntax error in the above formula, please check what is the character type you used for char v_memory. if its numeric then

$root.v_memory eq 200

3. using classification

you can classify the material using material class 001 and use this class type as selection condition in BOM.

i.e. for components in item details screen give class type and select as selection condition.

Dilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Dilip Sir,

now in cu50 bom is exploding but problem is material showing two times means i select 200GB in CU50 then in result system showing me 200GB raw material two times now how to solve this problem?

regards,

dev123.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what option you are using for selecting bom component. Please check in BOM whether you used any of the two options. i mean class item category and dependency both....

Dilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir in bom i have selected item categoy K (class) also i have assigned dependancy

$root.v_memory='200GB' or $root.v_memory='100GB'

here v_memory is characteristic & 200GB & 100GB are my characterisic values. now in cu50 i am getting double entry of raw material.

regards

dev123.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

that means you are using both the options.

if i understood correctly you defined your BOM in the below way... with 3 components like

1st component with item category K

2nd and 3rd component with item category L and you used dependency for this 2 components.

if iam correct please use any of the one only, i.e with item category K or with item category L and dependency.

remove the other one..

Dilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Dilip sir as you told i removed the item category from bom only assinged dependancy now my problem is solved.

regards,

dev123.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dev.

1) You have a FERT HARDDISK.

2) Create one 300 class HARDDISK

3) Create one Characteristics as GB and enter values A - 200GB and B- 100 GB , then create another Characteristics as PlasticCase with values A - Plastic Case.

4) Assign the two characteristics GB and Plasticcase to 300 class harddisk.

5) Select material as configurable in basic data 2 tab. In classification view assign 300 class type HARDDISK.

6) Now create Super BOM usage 1for handdisk material. Enter all raw material number of 200GB,100GB and Plastic case etc.

7) Here you need to write dependency for each raw material. Select the material number and go to extras, object dependencies, editor and select selection condition and write the below condition.

For 200GB Material: $PARENT.GB='A'

For 100GB Material $PARENT.GB='B'

For Plastic case $PARENT.plasticcase='A'

😎 Copy same bom with usage 5 with same conditions.

9) Create Configuration profile CU41.Select sales order SET, application SD01,Multilevel.

10) Now if you go to CU50 you can select ur requirement and same thing will be displayed.

Check and come back.

Ramagiri

Edited by: Ramagiri Srinivas Rao on Nov 12, 2009 6:16 PM

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this link it will clearify your doubts

http://sapfunctional.com/SD/VariantConfiguration/page1.htm

Regards

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you are using 200 class for raw materil. check what is the character used in this class is it same as the character in 300 class.

then in material master for ROH, assign the classification values,i.e for 200gb aterial in the classification view assign value 200gb for char and similarly for 100GB.

then try cu50 . If you are using 200 class in BOM it's not necessary to write dependency for selection of materials.

Dilip Kumar