cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a issue with the components selection in the Sales order. Let me brief my issue.

I have a configurable material which is having the super BOM for it.

Characteristics and values are assigned to class and config profile is created for the conffigurable material.

Object dependencies are assigned to BOM components through selection method, so that components get determined while creating a sales order.

So the issue here is Components are not determining for all the characteristic values. I checked object dependencies are already assigned to it with the accurate characteristic value.

Some components get determined and some are not. Please advice your suggestions on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Due you mean that for Eg X Charateristics have a,b,c,d values and if u select all values in configuration they are not selected??? Pl be clear...

Come back

Ramagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ramagiri

You are correct. I have selected characteristic values A,B,C,D in the sales order, But the components attached to A,B are showing in the screen C,D are missing. I checked Object dependencies for C,D which were perfect with out any issue by checking the consistency and thouroughly checking the characteristic values.

Please feel free to reply if my issue is still not clear to you.

Thanks,

Quantum.

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Go to your charateristics - basic data and check at value assignment wheather Multiple values is selected. If selected OK.

2)Check wheather object dependencies are maintained same in both boms..production and sales order bom.

Come back

Ramagiri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After configuring variant in Sales Order, pls check consistency in CU50.So you will come to know whether it is consistent or not.If any error you will come to know.After consistency check if everything is ok then run MRP for Sales Order.

Check & revert.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think check what is bom usage used it should be either universal or sales if you want to explode it in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AK

Thanks for your reply.

BOM is exploding in Sales order but not picking the components for all the characteristic values i selected.

Please Advice.

Thanks,

Quantum.

neeraj_bhardwaj4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

Here is what I can suggest....

1. check whther all the selection condiontions assigned to BOM components are released or not..

2. Also when u r entering all the characteristic values it is not necessary that all the components in BOM will be selected... but only those components will be selected for which selection condition is fulfilled...

3. There can also be a conflict problem or there may be a syntax problem

Can you please give us one example of any one component from ur Super BOM which is not getting selected... give the value u r giving in configuration screen for the characteristic and also tell us the code you have written in selection condition.....

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have a component A for which dependency assigned is selection condition. Logic i used is given below.

Z_PICK_SENSOR EQ 'B'

Where Z_PICK_SENSOR is characteristic and B is the value. Assigned the same to BOM component A.

And also procedure to update the quantity.

$SELF.Z_BOMQTY = Z_NUM_AXLE_SENSOR * 2

BOM Qty update is working fine.

I found the components are keep changing even though i used the same selections. This might be a conflict problem that you have suggested.

Waiting for your helpful suggestions.

Thanks,

Quantum.

neeraj_bhardwaj4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Just try to simulate the same scenario in CU50 transaction.. put the same values and see whether the configuration is consistent or not.. If the configuration is not consistent then you will see a "RED" cross icon coming at the bottom..if u click this icon it will give u the reasons for incosustency...

Try this... come back with more information..

Neeraj

former_member734007
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

How did u try to attach object dependency??If u try to attach object dependecy an creat it at the same time system generates a object dependency number by default which doesnt work some times.try to create object depedency from cu02 and the attach it as a selection condtion.