cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration in Purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a configurable material which has two variants, RED and GREEN. In the inforecord, I have maintained the variant conditionas as RED = 21 and GREEN = 41

Now, in a PO, when I select RED in the configuration of the material, the correct condition RED = 21 is picked up. The condition RED = 21 and the gross price = 100 is seen in the conditions tab too. So, the net price is 121

Now, in the same PO, when I again go to the configuration button, I erase the RED variant and I write GREEN. So, now I expect that the variant condition RED = 21 should go away and only the variant condition GREEN = 41 should remain in the PO alongwith the gross price = 100 .. So, the net price should have been 100+41 = 141...

But, what is happening is, even though I have erased RED and written GREEN, the variant condition RED does not go away. The PO has varaint condition RED = 21 and also variant condition GREEN = 41 and gross price = 100 . So, thus the net price is seen as 1004121=162 instead of 100+41=141 ...

Could anyone please help me out to know why the variant condition RED = 21 remain in the PO when I have erased RED from the configuration in the PO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks...

problem sorted..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two variants and system is allowing to select the two variants. Eventhough you have deleted the system is considering means please come back from the transaction and do it again by selecting the green variant. Ultimately system will accept green only. Hope it works. Thanking you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmasri,

Thanks for your reply.

The system is accepting a single variant, either RED or GREEN.

But it is taking both variant conditions instead of a single one!

I need help to know why the system is considering both the variant conditions when the variant selected is only one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gitika ,

It is common issue when the characteristics are not assigned to the class.Please assign the reference characteristic that you are using for variant conditions to the class.

Please read Article 1557942 for more details.

Thanks

Amber