cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value tolerance in PO for Material purchase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PO, value tolerance to be given for Material Purchase in Service orders where both Service Line item(item Category D) and material line items will be there(account assignment K)

How it's possible?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try using the Functionality of LImits. But this is applicable to only unplanned services.

Create a new line item in the Service Order & Maintain the material with Delivery Tolerances.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your reply.

We can maintain tolerance limit for the Qty only in Delivery tab of the PO in item detail.

Can we maintain the value limit for the above?

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what's the necessity to give the value tolerance at the PO level?. You can control this at Invoice verifiaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

When a Service order is made for services,some material has to be replaced.Due to exact requirement not known for the materials which is to be replaced,the value tolerance is reqd in PO for the material.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even if you Provide the value Tolernace what will be its usage. You will not stop replacing the Part right.

& For Materials Delivery tolerance works at the time of GR & Value tolerances work only at the time of invoicing. so the invoice will be blocked for payment.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.

If i can do block at invoice level only,how do i block for the service PO only which has the line items of Material code and without material(for services)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create the PO with Item Category B & Enter no material number , juts enter the description. In the limits maintain the Value Limit for the Item.

In this way you will have value tolerances for Materials .

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Service PO itself both Material(Account assignment K) and Services(Account Assignment K and Item Category D) are there.

The document Type is ZBSO( for service).

When i give Item Category B for material in the PO,it's not allowing me to enter.

How do i proceed?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Wahts the Error you are getting.

You cannot use Item Category B with Material Number.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the standard,it's not possible to use Item Category B wih Material number.

But in SPRO>MM>Purchasing-->Define External Representation of Item Categories,if i make allow the material to be entered (with GR and IR),with which i can also get the value limit.

If i make settings like this,what will be the effect?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please donot do any changes to the Item categories.

You need to use B With out Material number only.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore