Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation type in quality notification

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Although this is not rare issue faced by sapers, still i dont get much document on following issue.

We recently implimented split valuation for materials.

The process with split valuation is going smoothly, but transaction QM01/QM02 having problem with said concept.

User created a secondary rejection notification by QM01 for a material which subjected to split valuation. PO and GR document also having valuation type properly.

When user going to post the stock of material from unr. to blocked stock through notification, system giving a message

Enter valuation type. Message no. M7347.

Although no standard field found for valuation type in QM notification.

Kindly revert with solution for the same.

With regards,

Manish K. Bachate

View Entire Topic
busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

After goggling I am adding some useful discussions related to the same issue:

It seems split valuation issue in QM is basically happening due to stock posting inconsistencies. First check the stock in available in MMBE under which storage location. To have consistency, you need to define a process to first put UD to the material in Q-stock to post it to Unrestricted / Blocked stock. Not very sure how you tried this process for moving Q-managed materials form Q-stock to Unrestricted stock directly form notification.

As you are trying to post GR of the 'split-valuation' managed material, please can you check with technical team if this ERROR is coming during goods movement (BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE | SCN) or confirmation ().

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Stock is available to rejection block stock location, from where it should have to go to vendor. In normal cases of materials, system acts properly, but when there is matter of split valuation it is asking for valuation type.

Kindly take a overview of my reply posted in reference with Xavier.

I hope you could bring more light on this.

Regards,

Manish

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I believe, if manually posting return delivery against vendor is possible (without entering valuation type) then the same process can be executed by Notification - Action Box too.

Please can you try MB1B, MvT 459/460 to execute your process manually and suggest if this is working. You can also try MvT 122 and check if this is satisfying your business case for your split valuated materials.

You can open a thread in MM forum where there are logistic experts who can answer to your query too.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arijeet/Xavier,

The another way out from this issue is to enter GR document in quality notification from where system adopt data like GR quantity, PO number and valuation type too.

It is proper solution i supposed, cause other materials without split valuation not required to enter GR document in quality notification.

By adopting GR document in quality notification system post the stock to vendor with valuation type.

Thanks for your valuable input.

With regards,

Manish.