cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation Strategy for Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me where the valuation strategy used for activities is? I noticed that our valuation strategy is set to "1" and its using a planned exchange rate type with a really old date. Where is that field stored and how can I change it so that for actual activity postings through KB21N, I can have it changed to the current price and use the current exchange rate within exchange rate type M for the given posting period?

Thanks,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the your valuation variant in the tcode OKKE and the settings for your version in OKEV.

Regards

Elza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elza,

I reviewed OKKE but I don't think that relates to my issue. I then went into OKEQ and changed the exhcange rate type to M and removed the value date within Settings for Each Fiscal Year. Now when I go to KB21N and review the Additional Info tab, I see that the exchange rate type is M but the value date defaults to the beginning of the month based on the posting/doc date entered into the Entry Data tab. Any idea why its defaulting to the beginning of the month rather than the doc or post date?

Thanks,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Petter,

The field "value date" cannot be modified, in agreement with message in the customizing:

"Value Date for Currency Translation

The value date in planning determines which daily exchange rates apply for currency translation.

• If you enter a date, the R/3 System uses the exchange rate for that day in all periods.

• If you do not enter a value date, the system translates currency by period. The R/3 System determines an exchange rate based on the starting dates from each period, which includes potential exchange rate fluctuations in a fiscal year.

Note

This does not apply to accrual calculations or overheads in the plan. You enter the vale date in the transaction manually, by choosing Extras -> Value date."

Regards

Elza