cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation Area Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a new system to be configured and the requirement is that the valuation area to be set up at Company code Level. But in the system the Valuation level is already defined at "Plant Level". I have not done any configuration yet. First thing is that I want to change the valuation area to "Company code level". I am unable to do that by SPRO. Can some one help me how to set is to "Plant Level". I am aware once this setting is done it cannot be changed.

Thanks

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes This was a good Input. The Standard SAP Box comes with the Standard SAP company code assigned to Standard SAP Plant and the valuation level at Plant. To change valuation level first we need to delete the assignement and then change the valuation level to Comapny code and save. Then redo the assignement of plant to company code.

Guys / Gals who are further using this information please note that if there is any kind of Master Data or Transactional data in the system do not attempt to do this. It is a different ball game all togather.

Cheers

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business Requirement is to set the valuation level at Company code and OX14 is display only. And Even the Basis Guys do not know to give the Authorization to OX14. OX14 is blocked by some program with message CZ079!! And this is a NEW ECC 6.0 System.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Log on with user ID SAP* or DDIC and try OX14 again!

Good luck

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

The valuation area cannot be maintained (already defined)

Message no. CZ079

Diagnosis

You have already made an assignment from plants to company codes, so you

cannot now change the valuation areas.

Try to remove the plant and comp code assigment first

Note 8696 - Valuation level can no longer be maintained

Edited by: w1n on Dec 12, 2008 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

I am looking to change to Valuation Area from Plant level to company code level. I have not done any configuration!!! It is not playing with IDES. This is a golden client which is opened for configuration!!

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In most of the cases the valuation is defined at plant level.

Why do you want to change it to company code level??

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system is a new installed system, you can use t-code OX14 to define valuation area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this is your IDE system, not production system!

Define valuation level

You define the valuation level by specifying the level at which material stocks are valuated. You can valuate material stocks at the following levels:

• Plant level

Valuation must be at this level in the following cases:

If you want to use the application component Production Planning (PP) or Costing

If your system is a SAP Retail system

• Company code level

The decision you make is valid for the whole client. You are recommended setting material valuation at plant level.

Important

Once set, it is not possible to switch the valuation level from plant to company code, or vice versa. If absolutely necessary to subsequently change the valuation level, contact your SAP consultant because a data conversion is required.

Good day

Tao