cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for making long text mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I want to make the long text field (i.e. SGTXT) mandatory at line item level for some set of FI t-codes like F-02,F-04,FB60,etc.

How can I do same?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chandrasekharbadeti_chand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create and activate validation in T Code: OB28.

Thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is already active. I want to know about validation rule for this specific issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to GGB1, select the validation which is already active:

Create a new step and name it

Enter the following in the step:

Pre-requisite:

SYST-TCODE = 'FB01' OR SYST-TCODE = 'FB05' OR SYST-TCODE = 'FB60'

Check:

BSEG-SGTXT <> ''

Create a new mesasge in the message class already available there and enter the message number in this and save

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created the same validation as suggested by you but its not working for the T-code - F-02. Can anybody explain the reason? When we should use BKPF-TCODES & SYST-TCODES in validations?

Regards

Edited by: Abhishek A on Sep 11, 2009 4:24 PM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your validation is not working, activate a trace on it, so when posting a document, you willbe able to see which condition(prerequisite) is not met.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ELI,

Thanks for the speedy reply but I am new for this so can you give the details of tracing process as mentioned in your reply.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OB28 - enter to validation. Then go to Menu - Extras - Activate Trace. Step out from transaction and make your posting.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks. The issue is sovled. Actually, the validation is not able recognize the T-codes F-02 so I replaced it with FB01.

Regards,

Abhishek

Edited by: Abhishek A on Sep 11, 2009 5:03 PM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it could happen because some SAP transactions have so-called 'master transactions' and actually these late ones are called by the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you would have noticed that in my message, I had given you only FB01 and not F-02. Also please use FB05 for F-04.

It is safer to use SYST-TCODE, as mostly BKPF-TCODE will be blank while you are posting the document.

May be BKPF-TCODE will be useful, if you want to build a validation while changing an existing FI document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kash,

Thanks for that.

Answers (0)